Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Iver johnson m1 carbine 30 cal. It was my grandfathers ... A captain gave it to him as a gift and those guns were used in WW II

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts
what kind of stock is the IJ M1 in? is it wood or plastic?

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
OK...let me fetch my white Q-tips. LOL

·
Premium Member
30,891 Posts
what kind of stock is the IJ M1 in? is it wood or plastic?
Wood if original. From the photo, looks like the weapon may have started out life as a paratrooper model (with the folded steel rod butt).

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
Nice pair.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The stock actually doesnt fold in and out ...this one has a button that i press and lets out a shoulder piece

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And yes its is the one paratroopers used ... But i guess my grandfather had the stock redone cause i know the stock should swing in and out from side to side

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I have a friend that has one of those carbines he inherited from his dad. He's not sure if it's an actual war model, probably bought afterwards. He also had the bullets that had been sitting in a closet for god knows how long. Know how really really old lead looks almost white? Brass that is so tarnished it's half black?

But after he got it working it was an absolute hoot to shoot! And accurate, too.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I want to shoot this gun so bad ...missing the clip and i cleaned the gun and barrel but not sure if its safe to shoot lol....have some old bullets too. My granpa gave me this so just imagine lol ...but yea i want to shoot its so bad

1 - 16 of 16 Posts