Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a new Boberg XR9-S the other day. Soft shooter for a pocket 9mm. Here are some pics along side my Ruger SR9c - note that the barrel lengths are about the same.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
Never heard of em, they just come out?

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Briefly looked at their site. Really now??? :rolleyes: So the Glock 26 also generates 25% more energy than the average pistol of same size.

Hmmm:confused: Think that there could be some pretty steep claims being made here. But we shall see. It will ALL come out in the laundry.

Other than that...looks to be a cinch to conceal for sure!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Briefly looked at their site. Really now??? :rolleyes: So the Glock 26 also generates 25% more energy than the average pistol of same size.
I think the claim being made is that the XR9s generates more energy than other 9mm pistols of the same size, ex. the Rohrbaugh R9. And why wouldn't it? The XR9s barrel is 0.5" longer than the R9. The longer the barrel, the more energy actually goes into pushing the bullet, rather than flashing outside the barrel. The XR9s barrel is more similar in length to the G26 or my Ruger SR9c - about 3.4", and Boberg's ballistics tests show that all 3 shoot about the same.

You might want to read through their site a little more thoroughly.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Too bad the photographer for the ads doesn't know how to load a magazine

The photo is actually correct, the rounds load into the mag nose first. The pistol is engineered to pull the round back out of the mag, then push it straight into the barrel. Exactly the reason that Boberg is able to have std length barrel, in a sub-compact sized pistol.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
The photo is actually correct, the rounds load into the mag nose first. The pistol is engineered to pull the round back out of the mag, then push it straight into the barrel. Exactly the reason that Boberg is able to have std length barrel, in a sub-compact sized pistol.
seriously?

very curious how that works.....

if so, I stand corrected

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
seriously?

very curious how that works.....

if so, I stand corrected
Well, I stand corrected.......Just took a look at the manual and the parts breakdown

Josh, you are correct, my bad for not doing my homework

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
Yup, seriously. Here's a cut-away of the mechanism:
Boberg XR9 Extended - YouTube
and that makes it even more convincing

again, I stand corrected, thanks for the vid

very complicated action, but looks like it works

I hope all those parts last a good long time for you

Good Luck with it!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I stand corrected.......Just took a look at the manual and the parts breakdown

Josh, you are correct, my bad for not doing my homework
No prob, it's a pretty innovative change in an industry that hasn't really changed that much in the last 100 years. It'll be interesting to see how the market reacts.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
I like the theory of the rotating barrel and the action of the gun, but as with any "new" item/design, I will be curious to see how its longevity is.

If it was 300 bucks and lasted me 5 years before needing parts, I wouldn't care so much.

900 plus dollars should get the best quality, strength durabilty.

Wonder how it would do to a torture test, I wonder if sand, mud and water would clog the action.?....?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I like the theory of the rotating barrel and the action of the gun, but as with any "new" item/design, I will be curious to see how its longevity is.

If it was 300 bucks and lasted me 5 years before needing parts, I wouldn't care so much.

900 plus dollars should get the best quality, strength durabilty.

Wonder how it would do to a torture test, I wonder if sand, mud and water would clog the action.?....?
I know Boberg, and he's pretty thorough. The XR9 quality is top notch, and he's tested the product about as much as it can be tested before releasing it to market. He's shot thousands of rounds thru his prototype, but time will tell just how durable the XR9 will be in the hands of buyers. Knowing Boberg and his attention to detail, I honestly doubt if durability will ever be an issue though.

·
Registered
6,595 Posts
I know Boberg, and he's pretty thorough. The XR9 quality is top notch, and he's tested the product about as much as it can be tested before releasing it to market. He's shot thousands of rounds thru his prototype, but time will tell just how durable the XR9 will be in the hands of buyers. Knowing Boberg and his attention to detail, I honestly doubt if durability will ever be an issue though.
Let's hope, so, I am all for the development of new and better things.....

Thanks for the info....

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
how much did you pay, if you don't mind me asking? I have been following this pistol since Boberg went public with the idea and I've been wanting to play with one.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
actually a damn fine looking gun... thanks for sharing. i would love to read a range report and see how she goes

EDIT: i just seen thr price and it looks great, but still would rather get the EMP..haha

1 - 20 of 47 Posts