Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am the new owner of a SA GI 1911 (one of the made in Geneseo IL) and just like any new parrent I feel you all need to see pictures!

and now my two babies together

nothing like a .45 go to gun and a .40 BUG lol

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Sweet! I'm still considering one of those as well. Do you plan on modifying it? Nice family you're growin' there!:cool:

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the only thing I want to mod at this point is some easier to see sights. I like the look of the beaver tail grip safety's and the skeletonized hammers, but I am going to stay away from the more cosmetic mods on this gun. (accept maybe getting the second amendment engraved on the slide, but if that happens it will be way down the road)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have had my SA 1911A1 for years. I would suggest, you get an extended slide release. It makes it a lot easier to drop the slide. Never hangs up and is a great functional addition. Here is a photo of mine. Don't mind the scars on the pistol (old holster marks). I believe in using my weapons. They don't have to be pretty for me, they just have to function properly everytime. I damn sure know this weapon belongs to me.;)

http://img441.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pict0014vr8.jpg

·
Premium Member
23,818 Posts
the cost of those are well worth what you get , well made 1911 to either shoot the heck out of it the way it is or a nice gun to build on ,

·
Registered
512 Posts
Sweet! I've been wanting to get me another 1911 in the worst way...I had a RIA that I really liked, but now that I've got my XD's I figure I should stay in the SA family :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts