Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
under warranty. I needed to send it in to have a rear sight replaced, and figured as long as the gun is out, why not have the finish redone since it was known to be a problem. They covered it under warranty after inspecting the wear. What was weird is that fedex didn't require a signature to drop this off... it was just placed between a screen door and my front door. 3 weeks door to door.

sorry the pics aren't great quality. it looks much better in person.

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
Nice gun, but Fedex should have got a signiture the damn bastards are too lazy here as well. They like to leave firearm packages at the side of the road for me, one time even attaching a mosin negant to the mail box with rubber bands.

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
ajamesp51 said:
Nice gun, but Fedex should have got a signiture the damn bastards are too lazy here as well. They like to leave firearm packages at the side of the road for me, one time even attaching a mosin negant to the mail box with rubber bands.
They're scared of your driveway! :lol:

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Um, I'd report the driver for that. According to FedEx's website, a firearm cannot be sent with "Release on file", they must always be signed for.

Not 100% but I thoguht it was also Federal law that firearms had to always have an adult signature in order to be delivered.

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
Usually if you complain to FedEx/the company, issues get fixed. I bitched out DHL and the problem was solved 3 days later

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I even ran out there in time to holler to the driver, "Don't I need to sign something?" He just got in his truck and drove away. I waited up this morning cuz I knew I would have to sign for it.

Someone mentioned the trigger. I was looking over my pistol and noticed they stuck a different trigger on it. Or at least a different trigger safety. It seems darker, but the piece that catches the locking block is different. Before it was just a straight piece of plastic with a notch in it, now it has an additional plastic chunk extending to the right.

They really did a fabulous job.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Looks nice, but what are all the white dots on the side of the rear sight?
Are those tool marks from R/R of the sight?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
the o.d finish is hella cool
thanks for the pics!

·
Premium Member
28,484 Posts
I think I'd definately prefer an OD slide over an OD frame. Just my personal preference.

Krackels

·
Registered
9,954 Posts
Tengu they are scared of my drive way Fedex always walks things up the hill, I dont know why my ups driver has no problem.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
UPS guys don't screw around is what it is...half of em are prolly gun toten themselves

·
Registered
133 Posts
AWESOME FINISH!!!

Gentlemen (and Ladies). Don't you see??? The liberal gun laws are changing before your eyes and you don't even see it! This is a good thing. The rules for guns are vanishing before your eyes.

Worst case... The gun would have been stolen (i.e. received by the wrong person [bworse odds than having to use the almighty xd in a gunfight]), and he would have gotten a brand new gun because of driver incompetence! The BIG companies are having to coddle us now - the gun advocates - and not the Clintonians!

Hell, I'm glad to see that these liberal rules are loosening up!!! I love guns! Almost everybody should own one!

J

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
those white marks are where it says "Trijicon H3O4". On the old sight it had completely worn off, as I'm sure this will in short order. As long as the black stays, I'll be happy. I noticed the sights are different this time also... my first "broken" set of rear Trijicon sights had a white rubbery stuff on the outside in the back, like the material the actual glass lamp was set in. This time, the back of the rear sights is solid black, and has a more 'finished' look to it.

If you guys could see this puppy in person, you'd be even more impressed. I had thought I was going overboard in my excitement to get this puppy back, but really I wasn't--it was so worth all the anticipation. Now I can't wait to shoot it.

One question: Now that it's armory koted, should I take care of it differently than I had before (hoppes cleaning after ever range trip, light oil, but mostly this gun stayed on my hip so I can't start babying it now)...?? Should I switch from my kydex holster to a leather one? If it's all preference, that's cool... but if I can preserve this finish, I'm interested.

·
Registered
181 Posts
XD_Dan said:
Looks nice, but what are all the white dots on the side of the rear sight?
Are those tool marks from R/R of the sight?
If you look real close you will see they are white letters. That is most likely a Trijicon rear sight.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts