Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, at 11 AM, I "applied" to the Sate of Florida, for a CCW permit. I had to laugh when I saw the part that asked for "Occupation". The "proctor" asked why I was laughing and I replied "Since I am a Postal Worker am I automatically denied?". He just laughed and told me to finish the paperwork.:D
I was told to expect a 3/4 week wait. However, many people I know said about 5 days. I can't wait to do my "Wally World" walk!:cool: I will be carrying my 1911 R1...or maybe my XDm .45 or maybe...:twisted:

·
Registered
340 Posts
Let me know when you get it. I'll probably be getting my CCW permit for FL before too long. I was curious how long it would take

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had to call the "Division of Licensening" for the Sate of Florida, because my "Letter Carrier' ( there are at least 3 different ones!:confused:), has been very sloppy in their delivery of the mail. I had to wait 2 weeks to receive a priorty mail package from Cross Bread. The carrier had put the key to the "oversized package" locker in the wrong box. Luckily, the guy who got the key was honest and brought the package to me, after he got back from vacation. Then, I recieve to packets, both financial information intended for the receipient, for TWO different condo units!
Anyway, back to my call. My license was approved and it was printed yesterday (6/21/2011) and mailed today!:D Can't wait to do the Wally World walk! I should get it Friday at the earliest, Monday at the latest1

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If any of you are English Majors, you would know. However, "you" must not be.:p

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Received my CCW this evening (6/24/2011). Two weeks after applying. Will be doing the Wally World Walk tomorrow/later today.:D

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Let me know when you get it. I'll probably be getting my CCW permit for FL before too long. I was curious how long it would take
Got it in Two weeks. A friend, who had an expired Florida CCW got his in one week.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Got it in Two weeks. A friend, who had an expired Florida CCW got his in one week.

did you fill out the forms yourself and mail them to Tallahassee? Or did you schedule an appointment with the licensing office and go fill out everything there?

I called last week for an appointment at the licensing office, earliest appointment for the orlando office was august 16, earliest for the tampa office was august 10. Almost 2 months just so I can go fill out the paperwork and get fingerprinted and everything. I've heard that after I go in for the appointment, it'll be 2-4 more weeks to get my license.

I also heard that if I just do the paperwork/fingerprinting and everything myself and mail it to tallahassee, it'll take 3-4 months until I get the license...

·
Premium Member
4,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
did you fill out the forms yourself and mail them to Tallahassee? Or did you schedule an appointment with the licensing office and go fill out everything there?

I called last week for an appointment at the licensing office, earliest appointment for the orlando office was august 16, earliest for the tampa office was august 10. Almost 2 months just so I can go fill out the paperwork and get fingerprinted and everything. I've heard that after I go in for the appointment, it'll be 2-4 more weeks to get my license.

I also heard that if I just do the paperwork/fingerprinting and everything myself and mail it to tallahassee, it'll take 3-4 months until I get the license...
No, I made the appointment at the end of March. I was told that the wait to do the paperwork was worth the time. When you fill out all the PW and mail it yourself, it is put in for further exaim. When you have the satillite offices do all the pw, it is sent to Tallahashee and given a once over and most times the license is issued quickly. At the office, I was told there would be about 3/4 week wait.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I went to the regional office in Fort Walton Beach and from application to receipt was barely 10 days. (Including weekends). Highly suggest going to an office if there is one close.

·
Registered
413 Posts

I just called the other day and I got an appointment for August the 18th. It's a long wait, but I have been talking about getting a CWP for about 3 years now, so what is another 2 months. The guy at Al's army navy said that it would be about 10 days to get it after that. He also told me that if you call every day that you can they might have cancelled appointments...I am gonna try that every Monday...as that is my day off. Good luck! I still need to go get a gun.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I just called the Orlando dept of agriculture to see if there was any cancellations today, they told me to call back tomorrow after like 3:30 or on Wednesday, they said that they call to confirm appointments on Tuesday. I will be calling back tomorrow afternoon! I am going to try to get this asap. I hope this help somebody, very good info....I think.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts