Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded an LCP and a little cash for an XD40 sub compact ealier today. I included 4 magazines with the LCP and some ammo. I feel like I got a good deal. Will hopefully hit the range tomorrow morning. This is not my first 40 as I have a Glock 23 and love it and the 40 S&W round. I need to get a new pocket gun, looking for one in 9MM. 380 just didn't pass my penetration test with phone books. Look forward to absorbing all the great information from all the great people on the site.

Craig in Alabama

·
Registered
22,569 Posts
Congrats on the XD and welcome to the fourm from Louisiana!

·
Premium Member
4,479 Posts
Welcome from Wonderful Wyoming. You will love the XDsc .40

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Congrats on the new to you xd40sc! Welcome Craig from Bama. I'm Craig from Oregon! :)

·
Premium Member
127,168 Posts
Congratulations and welcome to the forum, Craig.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
welcome to the forum and the xd, i love my 40sc

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Welcome to XDTalk Craig, form Texas, and to the Springfield family! Good trade ya made there.

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Welcome Craig, the LCP versus XD SC? Twice the gun. You might miss the luxury of throwing that LCP in your pocket, but seriously the Sub Compact is such a better gun !!! You might look at the LC9 for a new 'pocket' pistol.

ps. I also own the a Gen 3 RTF2 Glock 23, Ruger LCP, and a few Sub Compacts.

Enjoy the SC, most people love them and they become their favorite handgun. Post a range report and your first thoughts.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Another 40sc from Louisiana. Stippled the heck out of it and it's Pearce mag floor. Real grippy that way!

·
Premium Member
21,377 Posts
hello there

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Welcome to the forum...:)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
First let me thank everyone for the warm welcomes and encouraging words on the 40SC. Got to put 150 rounds through it today. Tried cheap Tula, some hollwo points and of course some FMJs. Only a few FTE on the Tula but the gun was filthy. After a few magazines I was tearing up the bullseye. I'm not as accurate with the 40SC as I am my Glock 23 but I have had the Glock for 13 years and have lost count of how many rounds I have shoot through it. I just need to put some more rounds through the 40SC. It is a great gun and I am already planning to pick up a few more magazines and a paddle holster from CDNN Sports as they have them on sale!! And yes I am looking for a new pocket pistol leaning towards the Kahr CM9, Ruger LC9 or the Ruger LCR. Price is a factor but so is ease of carry. Loved my LCP until I compared some ballistics using phone books, the little 380 just barly made it through one phone book as a 9MM went through 3+ a rock!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Congrats! Great weapon! I trust my life to mine! Practice ,Practice!!! An awesome weapon in a skilled hand!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
welcome to the forums, im new too, I have xdsc love it but just curious what kind of 380 ammo where you using on those phone books?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts