Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
22,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my time here in the Stan I have discover a very nice thing to add to your survival kits!

That would be a very cheap deck of cards. These normally come in compressed paper. You get 54 sheets( if you get a deck with jokers ) plus a box to use as kindling. I just lit a fire with one match and one card.

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts
And when you have to begin using cards from the deck to light fires...you'll need to come up with new games that don't require a full deck! ;)

·
Registered
264 Posts
And when you have to begin using cards from the deck to light fires...you'll need to come up with new games that don't require a full deck! ;)
The military personnel don't play with a full deck anyway.....

·
Premium Member
128,295 Posts

Mike, you haven't been playing with a full deck for some time now! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts

·
Registered
22,575 Posts
Great Idea. Never thought of having them other than entertainment when hurricanes come around.

·
Administrator
22,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My entire kit is the size of a deck of cards.
Wow that is really small. Fish hook, some line and some sort of spark? Maybe a mirror to go with it? Hope you have dry land around you. A deck of cards come in a plastic wrap so you know its dry and flammable. I would consider adding it to your kit.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I have the most wanted terrorist deck in mine

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Not a bad use but actual fire sticks that you can strike like a match are about the same size for a pack of about 20.

I do keep a pack in the BOB and other kits just to cure boredom when there is no power.

·
Registered
138 Posts
got a couple extra decks never thought about adding one to my bag good idea

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
Wow that is really small. Fish hook, some line and some sort of spark? Maybe a mirror to go with it? Hope you have dry land around you. A deck of cards come in a plastic wrap so you know its dry and flammable. I would consider adding it to your kit.
I'm just referring to my mini kit that always comes with me when I'm going outdoors. It has a ton of stuff in it which I will not list here. For a few comprehensive guides/ ideas on what a great small kit has, check out the following link to Ron Hood's website:

» Survival Kits

·
Administrator
22,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm just referring to my mini kit that always comes with me when I'm going outdoors. It has a ton of stuff in it which I will not list here. For a few comprehensive guides/ ideas on what a great small kit has, check out the following link to Ron Hood's website:

» Survival Kits
Not a bad kit. Would able you to get a fire for a few days but I still would throw a deck of cards in with it.

·
Administrator
22,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Or you could save the deck of cards for entertainment and instead just use a pad of post-it notes?
As long as they come in a plastic container to keep them water proof.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts