Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone dealt with this style of carry handle? Or even better yet, this carry handle?? I see that it is about $100something cheaper than RRAs. Let me know what you guys think of it, no need to be rude, its not like I was born yesterday so I know that some things are total crap and the price can indicate that most times. Thanks for whatever comes of this. :D
AR15 M4 Tactical Carry Handle Assembly Mount with Rear Sight

·
Registered
99 Posts
I can't comment on how it would serve as a sight, but there's NO WAY that'd work worth a darn as a carrying handle (not that I'd ever use my carrying handle to carry my weapon anyway, but that's another story). The slots in that are smaller than the ejection port. If you can fit your fingers in that space, you sure aren't going to get them back out very quickly.

I'm not a guru with the whole detachable carry handle/flat top weapon, but I'd certainly question very closely the specs for the rear sight height, as to my untrained eye looking at the pics, it seems like it's lower (in relation to the charging handle) than what the rear sight should be. That'd make it a real bear to zero, IMHO.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
First....why do you want that style? It limits you when you want to run an optic.

Second...why do you want a knock off brand of the original RRA version?

Everything on that website screams JUNK.
Not being rude, just want to know your reasoning for choosing that item, from that website.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys for the honesty and educated opinions. I was just looking around and I like the way this type of "handle" looks and function seems like it would be useful. Co-witness if you have optics, but if you don't you just have irons. But, this one is a cheapy and I did already figure it was crap. Seems to me to be a good "style" and I thought I'd ask around. And I got exactly what I was looking for. If you are selling a RRA, then this cheapy isn't going to impress me. And, I didn't mean for it to be just this one exactly, just something like this style. Anyways, I doubt I will get one. Thank you all again.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
The only benefits of this set up I can see is if you could mount a Trijicon ACOG and be able to peep through the hole on the base of the ACOG and use the BUIS. That's the only benefit I can see, that's if it works though.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I will stick to my first thoughts and just get a MBUIS or a Troy buis.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts