Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally had these installed tonight. The install was pretty straight forward. Sight picture is very fast. I have the standard size dot. I'll let you guys know how I did at the range sometime tomorrow afternoon.. Till then here's a pic of the front sight.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Epeez said:
Where did you get them and how much were they?
I got them at Brownell's. If you get them there, select the model that fits the Sig 225, etc.. They are the same as the XD model. If you select the XD model, it will say that it is dropped from the manufacturer. Weird huh? Anyway I paid only $90 +shipping. I have access to dealer pricing there. :wink:

·
Registered
157 Posts
021411 wrote: "Finally had these installed tonight."

Did you do the installation or someone else? I ask because I'm considering installing a Dawson fiber optic front on my XD but I've been cautioned against because removing the existing OEM is EXTREMELY difficult as is installation of a new sight (perfectly matching the sight dove tail angle with dove tail angle in the slide etc). Any suggestions? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried removing the factory sights myself with no luck. I did the freezer technique and that still didn't work. I ended up taking the slide to a gunsmith. He used a pusher to get them off. Took all but 5 minutes.
The XS sights I did myself with a help of a friend. The install was pretty straight forward. We slowly sanded the bottom of the sights with fine grit sand paper until it could fit in the dovetail cut half way. Once it was there we tapped it on home with a plastic punch and brass hammer.
Same with the rear.
If you are holding the gun in a shooting position, the sights are removed from the Right to left. The dove tail gets tighter on the right. We put the sights in reverse order (left to right). It worked fine.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
021411 said:
Finally had these installed tonight. The install was pretty straight forward. Sight picture is very fast. I have the standard size dot. I'll let you guys know how I did at the range sometime tomorrow afternoon.. Till then here's a pic of the front sight.

I see your in Houston, so am I and its funny because I just bought some XS sights myself. Which gunsmith did you take your gun to to get the sights off. BTW, I don't know if I have the skill to install them, know of any competent smith that can do both?

I appreciate the help in advance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts