Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I successfully qualified for my NRA certificate yesterday and went to the courthouse today to apply for CCW permit. They were very friendly and everyone in the office had a CCW permit. They said it should arrive in the mail as a Picture ID in about 2 weeks, maybe 3 with the holidays. This for West Virginia BTW. I'll post an update when I get it.

-Fat

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
Welcome to the forum and the world of concealed carry from East Texas.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
Another WV member, awesome. What part of the state are you in? Wayne County here.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm in Harrison County. I've been lurking here for a while. I have the XD9 Service model. Thanks for the welcome.

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Welcome to the world of constantly being armed and vigilant.

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
You're close to PA, so if you go there much you get to have the fun of knowing the laws in two states. I live 10 minutes from OH and KY, so I have to keep track of the laws in three. It's a pain in the rear.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't travel much. We have reciprocity with a lot of states so we should be good to go. here's the list from The West Virginia Attorney General Darrell McGraw gives his written opinions and advice upon questions of law to state officials, heads of state institutions, and the prosecuting attorneys; handles all litigation on behalf of the state government and

Full reciprocity:
· Arizona
· Arkansas
· Florida
· Kentucky
· Louisianna
· Michigan
· Mississippi
· Missouri
· North Carolina
· Oklahoma
· Ohio
· Pennsylvania
· South Carolina
· South Dakota
· Tennessee
· Utah
· Virginia

Formally recognized:
· Alaska
· Indiana
· Montana
· Vermont

Appears to recognize:
· Idaho
· Kansas

of course we will never get Maryland but oh well!

-Fat

·
Premium Member
2,050 Posts
McGraw has been doing a great job with reciprocity. It's the little things that I hate keeping track of in the other states, like not carrying in a restaurant that serves alcohol, rest area rules, state parks, and that kind of crap. Hopefully I never have to go to Maryland, kommies.

·
Premium Member
5,720 Posts
congrats. in MI, CCW was the term used until the state passed the right to carry law. I still can not get used to CPL (concealed pistol license).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts