Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I've been reading this forum for a year or so. I have been intrigued by the XDs since it came out, but initially wasn't interested in the .45 version. My interest increased with the 9mm version, but I have a carry pistol that I'm happy with so I didn't really have a good reason to buy one.

The release of the XDs 4.0 really took my interest up a notch. I decided to test fire a 9mm XDs. Although my local gun shop only had the 3.3 for rental, I really enjoyed firing it. That pretty much sealed the deal for me as far as buying an XDs.

I debated a little on which version of the 9mm XDs to buy, but on Monday I went with the 4.0. After my purchase I was able to give the pistol a quick cleaning and lubed it up. I didn't have a lot of time to spend at the range, but I was able to shoot a 50 round box through the pistol. No real surprise, it was a blast to shoot!

Once I get a few more rounds through the pistol it's going to become my nightstand pistol. That was the "good" reason I came up with for buying it. As if I really needed a reason.

MGG

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
MGG,

Welcome to the club. Hmmm... that reminds me. I haven't received MY membership card yet. Who do I call about that? ;)

Seriously, I've not shot either a 3.3" or 4.0" 9mm XDS. Yet I'd bet that there wouldn't be a lot of difference from either of them compared to my XD(m) 3.8" Compact 9mm. (which I happen to love)

But I also like my .45 XDS. Yep, it's sure a handful to shoot, but I still like it. :eek:

You'll enjoy your new XDS even more once you get used to it.

Again, welcome to the "Club".

Duane

·
Registered
351 Posts
I love XD's whether they are full size or the XDS, I have 3 in .45 and hopefully you'll love your XDS like I do. Welcome!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Congrats, been contemplating the same pistol for a while now. I have heard great things about the 4.0.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts