Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a XD9 Tactical today as a b-day present for myself. Now it's the $%^^&@ Illinois 72 hour waiting period.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Congrats.. And that beats the 10-day waiting period for us Californians... Consider yourself lucky :D But we have better weather.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
welcome aboard

Now, run a mag through it, enjoy the stock trigger then send it off to Rich at Canyon Creek so you can see how crappy the stock trigger really is :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
aiformula said:
welcome aboard

Now, run a mag through it, enjoy the stock trigger then send it off to Rich at Canyon Creek so you can see how crappy the stock trigger really is :)
Congrats on your new XD. you'll love it . :D

Aiformula, how long was the turn-around for your trigger job?

·
Premium Member
5,751 Posts
Welcome to the HS/XD funhouse. You'll have it in time to send some rounds down the range thos weekend.

·
Premium Member
3,955 Posts
Happy Birthday!

Other than a XD owner, what do you want to be if you grow up? 8)

·
Registered
533 Posts
about the trigger work at CC, I gave my gun to rich on saturday, I got an email today saying it was done, thats a 2 day turnaround, WOW.
I'm not saying the turnaround is always that fast but he told me his normal turnaround is about a week, and thats fast compaired to 99% of the gun smiths around.
I would recomend Canyon Creek, www.canyon-creek.com

·
Registered
212 Posts
Welcome!

I didn't have any wait when I bought either XD. I bought it in a township within the city. The city has a 7 day wait. Screw that! I like walking out with it. I guess that's why all the gunshops in the city are going under.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Well, I haven't gotten mine yet (I suspect it's because I owe him money for it), but I can't speak to turn around as mine was done when I bought it.

I do know Bobert1 sent his in on Tuesday before the shoot and it was ready for him when he got to the range on Saturday, and wow. I shot his gun before the trigger and I got to dry fire it a couple times Saturday as well as play w/ Scott's tactical. I was impressed enough to drop some cash on a completely worked gun. Hope to post a range report in a week or two.

Actually it would be nice to get it before Sunday's special classifier, but I figure I'll classify w/ the stock gun and then take the advantage in later shoots afforded by superior equipment.

·
Registered
200 Posts
wJAKE19 said:
about the trigger work at CC, I gave my gun to rich on saturday, I got an email today saying it was done, thats a 2 day turnaround, WOW.
I'm not saying the turnaround is always that fast but he told me his normal turnaround is about a week, and thats fast compaired to 99% of the gun smiths around.
I would recomend Canyon Creek, www.canyon-creek.com
Rich at Canyon Creek got my gun on Saturday for a trigger job as well. I received an e-mail Monday afternoon that it was ready to go. I'm itchin' to get my hands on it. Canyon Creek gets a gold star from me as well.

Olgord

·
Registered
875 Posts
I have had my Custom XD9 for about two months now. I can even start to say how much I like Rich's work. I have been shooting more then ever and between the extra practice and the great gun I think I am going to have a good summer. I talked to Rich about going Limited with an XD. He said there will be some more accessory options in the future.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts