Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have been searching for my next CCW for a few months. Narrowed it to the Springfield XDm 3.8 .45, Ruger SR1911 Commander and Glock 30s. All were available to me and everyone felt good in my hand. I wish I could have bought all. I was leaning toward the Ruger, but I qualify for the Glock Blue Label line. So I couldn't pass up the 30s for $491.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Welcome, now get a smooth trigger and pass the cookies. Love my G30S.

·
Registered
3,388 Posts
Niiiiiice. Enjoy that beast. Get some pics up here!

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
Ditto,on the smooth trigger; also, I always install aftermarket connectors in my Glocks...just don't like the trigger pull of any of the factory Glock connectors.

·
Registered
11,292 Posts
Your physiological and technological distinctiveness will be added unto ours.

Congrats and welcome to the Collective. :twisted:

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
Congrats! I own the 30s and the Ruger CMD. I love to shoot the CMD, but I don't carry it. After much consideration, I think I will be selling it in the very near future.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Congrats! I own the 30s and the Ruger CMD. I love to shoot the CMD, but I don't carry it. After much consideration, I think I will be selling it in the very near future.
Drop me a message when you do. I might be interested in getting it.

What triggers do you guys recommend? Along with typical clean, I plan on doing some decent amount of range time before changing triggers. Just curious to see what people's ideas are.

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
Drop me a message when you do. I might be interested in getting it.

What triggers do you guys recommend? Along with typical clean, I plan on doing some decent amount of range time before changing triggers. Just curious to see what people's ideas are.
I sure will.

I do the following to all my Glock's:

1) $.25 trigger polish
2) 3.5# LWD connector, polished
3) Smooth face trigger
4) 6# trigger spring
5) TFO's
6) Talon rubber grips

Although there may be slight difference between models, this usually gives me an approximate trigger pull of 4.75-5.25 with the gauge near the center of the trigger. This is my preference for my carry guns, gives a nice smooth pull & break with a crisp reset.

I don't mess with the striker spring on my carry guns. I installed a 4# striker spring on my G26, and the trigger was too light for me, and I was experiencing light primer strikes.

I always break it in with ammo and snap caps before I start changing parts.

·
Registered
3,645 Posts
Lone wolf 3.5 connectors are great! My G17 has one and all my future Glocks will too. Also recommend Trijicon or Meprolight night sights. That is really about all you need for a Glock, other than maybe Talon Grips for non-Gen4 versions.

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Congrats!:cool:

Definitely get the smooth "combat" trigger, I got mine from Glockparts.com for like $20. The "target" trigger serrations sucked and actually hurt after about 200 rounds one day before I changed it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all the info. I also am getting the Ruger now. A LGS has one for a really good deal that I can't pass up.

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
Congrats! I've been carrying a G30S ever since I bought my first one. :D

·
Registered
5,287 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts