Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a first gen Glock 17. Took it to the range and shot a wide mix of 9mm through it. I haven't had a 9 for a while, so I shot up all the part boxes I had left over. 3 or 4 brands in the same mag. HP, FMJ, even a few birdshot and tracers. It never jammed, but one of the 17 rnd mags does not engage the slide stop. It came with two full cap mags, and a Clinton mag. I have a new spring and follower ordered to fix the mag. Detail stripped it and gave it a good cleaning. Very simple gun,and I can see why it's fans like it, but I'm not sure I like how it fits my hand. I could learn the grip angle I suppose, but the arch on the backstrap leaves my palm aching. Kind of on the fence with this one.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
The force may no longer be with you, skywalker:D

·
Registered
22,574 Posts
I don't like Glocks, but you are still welcome here.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
I tried em. Really liked the g36 in theory. A lightweight, single-stack, polymer 45.(are you listening Springfield?) It just didn't work for me for a lot of reasons. Nothing at all wrong with glocks imo.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Ditto on the "Nothing wrong with Glocks". They're a fine handgun. I bought my wife a 3rd generation G19 & she loves it. Feels good to her, thus she'll like shooting it. Heck, I even like bustin' caps with it.

I'm not partial, I like 'em all. I love my:
Kimber .45ACP
XD Compact .45ACP
Ruger LCP
Walther P22

:D

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
yeah, I'm not a fan of the grip either. same with the Ruger MK and the Lugers. It's swept back too far for me

·
Registered
6,680 Posts
How about posting a pic? Not too many Gen 1 G17s around. Love my Glocks. Grip angle works fine for me and 5M other happy Glock owners! :cool:

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How about posting a pic? Not too many Gen 1 G17s around. Love my Glocks. Grip angle works fine for me and 5M other happy Glock owners! :cool:
It turns out I was mistaken. It is a Gen II. I just ordered a hydrographics kit. I am going to dip the gun, Bladetech holster, and a case for it. I'll be posting pics here when I do that.

·
Premium Member
127,272 Posts
I borrowed a G17 for an IDPA match once. It ran fine, but I much prefer my XDs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts