Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to all who contributed. Cash and Gift cards total $200 plus a large box of CD's and magazines. Got to go shopping. I'll post later what was purchased and where/who this is going to. I'll be getting with Col. Funderburg in a couple of days to get the final details worked out.

Remember our guys and gals serving all over in the world.
Remember Jimbo5246. We miss you.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
R/T Performance said:
Thanks for letting us play along .
We appreciate you time and effort
Tom :D
+1

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here's the latest on the Christmas Project. Just recieved another gift card from a NEW member.

Here's what I'm planning, so this is a group notification to those who contributed. Col. Funderburg has not found an overseas group to send this to at this point. What I want to do, unless anyone has any objections, is to get this to one of our own who is going back for another tour in Iraq. Forum member Cpl_Izzy and his group are redeploying in February. As soon as I have shipping information I will get the goodies to him. It will be a Christmas in February but I thought it would be appropriate to support a "local" guy. If there are any objections, speak now or forever hold it.

Regards,
TS

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Sounds good to me.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I just love how this board not only talks about supporting our troops but actually does it, and consistently puts things like this together.

Just a great group of people on this site, its the reason that i have visited it everyday for a year even though i don't own an xd.

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts
Great idea! This is a great board.
Thanks for doing the hard part of this operation, TomSwift!...The easy part is the giving.

·
Registered
112 Posts
This is a great thing you are all doing! Keep up the good work.

I wish I had enough money to spare some stuff for these great men and women... maybe I'll just join them, talking to the recruiter wednesday.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts