Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally took the plunge and bought a XD9 sc... My local Mc Sporting goods had the hi-comp. package for $459... Came with XD gear holster, 2-10 rnd mags and the ever so lovely 15 rounder :mrgreen: So I fill all my paper work out then the sales man says to me "Hey its your lucky day! Just got this fax from springfield, your XD9 hi- cap package is on sale for $419.00" Man what a steal all this for only $419.00.. Now I just need to go to Wal-Mart and buy some WWB value pack and head to the range..

Do you guys shoot the gun right out of the box or do you break them down and clean, re-lube them first?

What do you guys reccomend for cleaning, rust protection?

Best of all My Wife bought this for me for a Birthday present!! I have the Best wife ever!

Jeremy

·
Registered
76 Posts
When I bought mine, the range master said that all I needed to do was put a drop of oil on each rail and then it would be good to go.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Dude, that's a great deal!

I, as lightly and with as thin a coat as possible, oil all of the surfaces that contact. I don't use a dedicated rust prevention product, but the general consensus is that Blue Wonder Armadillo is the way to go.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Man, I'm happy for you! That would be a great surprise!

I'm new here, so sorry for the dumb question: What is the SC model?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
You basterd I would have bought that I better call my MC and see if they got that fax I looked at that yesterday here in MI. If you got one sealed in a box load and shoot if its been in the case awhile couple drops oil on slide and feed ramp post a range report. I love my four inch.Lucky you for an awsome wife to I don't even know you and hate ya already {just kidding} :lol:

·
Registered
181 Posts
I always clean and lube BEFORE I shoot a new gun. Many manufacturers pack new guns with a gummy rust preventative so just for good measure I clean and lube mine first. I use grease on my rails instead of oil but that's just personal preference.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just read the manual, took the gun apart & put it back to gether several times..... This thing is Awesome!

Jeremy

·
Registered
163 Posts
Pearl,

Your really going to love that XD...I can't put mine down since I got it in Dec. It shoots like a dream. Just keep practicing the grip and trigger pull and you'll be fine.
buy lots of WWB ...you'll need it.

Rikoshey :twisted:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts