1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Century stuff is generally garbage! The $700 price tag is attractive and certainly it is true that "[t]here's not much else available at this kinda price,"...but not for a rifle that isn't made worth a darn. You'd be far better off to either build your own from a stripped lower up for only $100 or so more, or to look at a Stag Arms rifle (if you can find one in stock anywhere).

·
Registered
358 Posts
No disrespect meant, but Century does not have the best reputation. I saw a Century AR in Gander Mountain and checked it out. I am not that familiar with the AR, but nothing seemed obviously wrong with it. People were buying them too.

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
You can a rifle for the same price thru del-ton.

stripped lower for $105
rifle kit for $485

unless you dont wanna go that route.

·
Premium Member
3,187 Posts
I just built a Stag 2H for about $730. Rifle kit and a stripped lower. Although at this point it is going to be hard to find kits, lowers, parts, or just about anything.

·
Registered
469 Posts
i bought a lower for 120 plus tax
a parts kit for 60 dollars
a stock for 60 or 70 dollars
a upper for 650
miad grip for 45
mags for like 100

im a happy camper ;x

im not sure if u read the writing but it says slightly worn out internals? LOL

why would u wanna a gun that says that ;x

·
Premium Member
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys - glad I asked BEFORE I bought!

·
Premium Member
576 Posts

·
Registered
6,685 Posts
I just picked up three consecutively serial-numbered Stag lowers @ $110 each. Have already ordered all the parts necessary to build a great little varmint rifle. 20" RRA varmint barrel; DPMS vented free-float tube; RRA stripped upper, but with ejection port door and forward assist installed; White Oak complete bolt carrier; A-2 stock kit; lower parts kit, less trigger, as I already have a JP trigger/hammer that I'll install.

Total cost to me: $760. And that's for a quality varmint AR! :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,363 Posts
Aren't these made by Stag Arms?

·
Registered
88 Posts
There's not much else available at this kinda price. I don't have much experience with AR's - what would I be getting myself into?

Century C-15 Sporter AR-15 style rifle, 223 caliber.

FloridaPhil,

If it's your first AR then it might be OK. My Century L1A1 rifle was pretty ugly but it had a shiny bore and it functioned fine. Since then I had it check out and refinished but a smith. Still it works fine for me.

For the price it might be OK but I'd check out J&G's return policy if it works out crummy for you. If it does you can have it refinished to your liking later on.

Regardless of the various contractor parts used, as long as they're all mil-spec then it should be fine.

If your still skeptical then look into AR15parts.com

Mail Clerk

1 - 18 of 18 Posts