Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am looking for a IWB Holster for my 9SC, not sure if leather or molded kydex is right for comfort but it needs to be available in left config with either a fixed cant or adjustable, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
802 Posts
falman308 said:
Am looking for a IWB Holster for my 9SC, not sure if leather or molded kydex is right for comfort but it needs to be available in left config with either a fixed cant or adjustable, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
When in doubt, go leather.

Its hard to go holster shopping compared to gun shopping because you can go rent and finger play with the guns at the gun store.

But when it comes holsters, the GOOD ones are hard to find stocked in the stores. I personally do not own any IWB kydex nor have I tried any but I just have a hard time seeing how they could be as/more comfortable compared to IWB leather..

Conclusion, leather (versa max, BG leather, alessia, galco) are good choices..

·
Registered
181 Posts
I am not a Kydex fan. I think it is very uncomfortable although many will disagree with me. Needless to say all my holsters are leather.

After a lot of trial and error I now only buy two different holsters.

IWB is the Milt Sparks Watch Six.

OWB is the High Noon Slide Guard.

Both of these come in left hand and both have a 15 degree cant. Both of these holsters are hand boned specifically to the handgun it is being made for and will be somewhat tight for the first few days (a good thing in my opinion).

Fist makes holsters similiar to the two above that are adjustable but the fixed holsters seem (in my opinion) more secure.

·
Registered
44 Posts
http://www.hs2000talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=22028

Here is a link to one of the best I have found. Also www.kytac.com is my personal favorite, The Braveheart is an amazing holster. I have personally been carrying it for 2 years every day, and never had one complaint, and never been spotted. I have many other holsters but these two are a little above and beyond. Hope that helps

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts
You can't go wrong with a Tucker Gunleather product.
http://store.yahoo.com/rlcompanyusa/tugu.html

I have a fully lined Cover Up as an IWB for my Para 45. It is probably one of the nicest leather holster I have seen and it is very comforatable.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I got a Fist #6 rounded front clip on in kydex for my 9SC. It's not bad - the kydex is very thin, but still keeps it's shape so you can reholster with one hand. The clip is very strong, I've worn it with no belt and was still able to draw without the holster coming out too. I got it from Gunners Alley, it was about $50. They offer the same holster in leather too.

·
Registered
182 Posts
tacomatose said:
http://www.hs2000talk.com/viewtopic.php?t=22028
Here is a link to one of the best I have found.
Thanks for the compliment! Many have viewed, but none have responded so I guess my setup just leaves people speechless :lol:

After much deliberation my suggestion is to go with a CTAC or Tucker Answer. I personally got a great deal on a CTAC after someone sold his XDSC, and I couldn't be happier. I don't have my CHL yet so I haven't carried 10 hours in a day like some here, but as far as I am concerned the CTAC is a keeper.

Worst case scenario if I decide I don't like it; I'd sell my CTAC and buy an answer and still have the clips and belt to make the setup work. For me it was worth it to take the chance, save money, decide if the holster worked for me, and move up if I feel so inclined later on.
-hype

·
Registered
16 Posts
For me I have a Blade-Tech IWB, I personally like the Kydex for OWB, because it holds the shape and you can abuse the heck out of it and not fear of weather affecting the holster. I live in Washington, me and my buddy shoot outside ussally rain or shine, and even in stroms... well gotta practice in all types of weather and my Blade-Tech has held up to the weather.

For IWB, my Blade-Tech does a good job, but it does get uncomfy after a while, well cause I am carrying a full size S.A. 1911 and it does get heavy after a while. Personally I am leaning more towards leather for my IWB, it just seems more comfy and I am a scrawny guy 5'11 140 on a good day, and I notice if your going to be carrying a long amount of time in a day go for leather.

If you want some good holster or stuff you should check out this forum sister site Pistol gear for some great stuff.

http://www.pistol-gear.com/

If you have questions about the site talk to Old School the Forum mod he I think run pistol gear.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts