Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question im new to this thread and new to hand guns. Just got a xd9sc and i love it. But i was wondering if i wear a iwb holster how many sizes up do you normally have to go in clothing?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
One size is sufficient.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Most of my pants/shorts are big enough to get my gun and holster in comfortably. It didn't take as much room as I thought it would. As stated above you should definitely invest in a good belt.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Most of my pants/shorts are big enough to get my gun and holster in comfortably. It didn't take as much room as I thought it would. As stated above you should definitely invest in a good belt.
+1
same pants, good (GOOD) belt. Get a gun belt they are thick and strong,worth the money.

My best advice here is read this forum from top to bottom.
You cannot think of a question that has not been answered several times.
Good luck

·
Registered
298 Posts
I didn't have to go up in pants size but my jeans were actually a little loose on me to begin with. Definitely a good gun belt though.

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
Didn't have to increase jean size but did have to go from L to XL on the tee shirts. 95% of the time my attire is just a tee shirt. No one has ever busted me and everyone is amazed I'm carrying if I point it out.
CBST holster with 4" XD .40

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Didn't have to increase jean size but did have to go from L to XL on the tee shirts. 95% of the time my attire is just a tee shirt. No one has ever busted me and everyone is amazed I'm carrying if I point it out.
CBST holster with 4" XD .40
That's what I started with was a 4" XD in CBST. I traded it in on a compact XDm. The grip being an inch shorter makes concealing it a lot easier and my smaller shirts work again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank for the info guys. So get a nic heavy duty gun belt ill have to lookk into that.

Thanks again

·
Registered
670 Posts
Thank for the info guys. So get a nic heavy duty gun belt ill have to lookk into that.

Thanks again
I wouldn't suggest a "duty belt" but a "concealed carry belt" yes. Look at 5.11 website or Blackhawks CQC belt for a good idea of what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I wouldn't suggest a "duty belt" but a "concealed carry belt" yes. Look at 5.11 website or Blackhawks CQC belt for a good idea of what I'm talking about.
I think he meant "heavy duty" not "duty belt."

+1 on the 5.11 website.

·
Premium Member
32,784 Posts
I didn't have to go up in pants size but my jeans were actually a little loose on me to begin with. Definitely a good gun belt though.
This

I bought pants 2 inches big then later discovered that I could get away with my normal Jeans

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
Really depends on the type of IWB holster, as to what you need for clothing, or belt.

I've got a DeSantis "Tuck This 2" for my XD9SC, it isn't supported by the belt, but rides on the waistband of my trousers. So any belt does fine with it. I try to wear pants with a sturdy waistband. Usually any blue jeans work fine with it, and they don't need to be sized bigger.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts