Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I just recieved my first IWB holster in the mail and I have some questions. I ordered a Desantis Tuck This! http://www.desantisholster.com/n91.html

Now after playing with it in the mirror I think I have decided to carry at about 1 o'clock. I really like this holster because You can tuck a shirt over it, and if you pull out the shirt just a little bit, no printing. I am not to sure about driving with it right there however. I wore it around the house for a few hours trying to get used to it.

Does anyone who is right handed, wear their IWB at about 11 o'clock? How about 3 o'clock for IWB? I think for 3 o'clock I need bigger pants or to loose weight. :roll: It was pretty uncomfortable at 3'oclock with the pants that I have.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Try bringing it forward just in front of your hip bone and canting it forward so the end of the barrel and the butt of the gun is in line with each other. This is the most comfortable spot for me. Even when sitting in a car and it is still easy to get to while sitting. The best spot is definitely different for everyone and no one is going to be able to tell you what is right for you but I hope my experience helps for your situation. When you get it right please post and let us know what you think of the holster. Thanks and good luck.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I am left handed and wear mine at 8:30, just slightly behind the hip bone.

This is a very comfortable position for me, standing, sitting driving, etc.

Even though it is comfortable driving it is fairly inaccesible in the car being left handed so I store it in a modified map pocket in the door.

·
Registered
388 Posts
mpholic said:
I am left handed and wear mine at 8:30, just slightly behind the hip bone.

This is a very comfortable position for me, standing, sitting driving, etc.
I follow a similar practice (XD-40 Service in FIST K7) and no one has ever noticed me carrying. For me, carrying in front of the hip is not an option because items in my pockets become completely inaccessible.

·
Registered
114 Posts
i use a Kramer iwb3 model, carried at 4 o'clock. This is comfortable for all day wear, and even while driving most of the time(depends on the seat contour or the vehicle). With a sport shirt, button front type, not a polo, no printing at all, and even conceals well under a long loose tshirt too

1 - 6 of 6 Posts