Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I have my CCW, and my XD-40.

What I don't have is a holster that will keep the thing concealed! Almost all of the one's I've seen have HUGE belt Loops or Clamps that all but scream. . .

"HEY FOLKS!! I GOT A GUN HERE!!!!!" :shock:

I've only found one that didn't and wanted anyone's advice, experience or opinion.

-- Texas Heritage --
http://store1.yimg.com/I/rlcompanyusa_1833_162891
As shown, it's a Perfect example of HUGE BELT CLIP disease, but, you can get it with the clips shown here...
http://store.yahoo.com/rlcompanyusa/becldi.html
"C" or "J" clips looked good (i.e. less obvious).

Any ideas or other suggestions? This will be worn (mostly) wth jeans and a tucked button up shirt.

Oh... I'd also perfer leather over kydex, but if some kydex holster has the better answer, I'll go with it.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Well.. if you plan on CCW, you are going to have to get an appropriate belt.. and pants that allow for your belt. I have found that Walmart's Wrangler jeans (black) are a fine pair of trousers that fit a 1 1/4" belt just fine.

You have to dress around your pistol.. that's just the way it goes. If you are a real fashion hound, I am sure you can find som Kakis, or Slacks that will suit you (No pun intended)...

If you are going to carry, you just have to plan for it. If you want to wear 501 jeans.. you might be better wearing a shoulder holster and a sport jacket.

Raymond

·
Registered
181 Posts
You will most likely find as I have that the "discreet" C and J clips are not as secure as the "ugly" clips and belt loops. I much prefer the security of the straps which are in my opinion more secure than the big ugly clips or the discreet clips.

As was stated above you will have to dress around your gun. This did not present a problem for me.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Also, most people are more concerned with what they're wearing and whether anyone is paying attention to them to actually pay attention to you. I don't worry too much about a couple of plastic clips being visible (which for me they rarely are anyway because I don't tuck). Very few will notice.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I go with a tuck able IWB almost every day and have noticed the same issue. Obvious large black clip is kind of a give away, but in the time I have been carrying no one has noticed. Not even the police. So you won’t have a problem. Since only CCW people will even be aware of what the clip is for, only CCW people will notice it.

I plan to use the...

"It’s for a medical device, I’m sorry but it’s a personal matter and I am not comfortable talking about it." Line if any sheeple ever ask me about it.

KIM

·
Registered
182 Posts
I agree with you on the clips. If I'm going to carry concealed I definitely want it concealed; not gun concealed with clips showing.

The best option I've seen is to get an Answer or Ctac with the Vclips and buy a 1.5" leather belt with velcro sewed into the belt. I ordered a Tucker gunbelt with velcro, but have yet to receive it. I should also be getting my CTAC later in the week, so once I have both I'll post pictures.

Here's more info on the belt and setup:
http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php...63aa4255ac9b&threadid=364107&highlight=velcro
http://store.yahoo.com/rlcompanyusa/belts.html
Member popnfresh has a good setup, but I don't see much use for the Wilderness belt in dress casual situations
http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=360752

Hope that helps.
-hype

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Captain Ray said:
If you are a real fashion hound, I am sure you can find som Kakis, or Slacks that will suit you (No pun intended)...
Jeans & 3 Button shirt = Fashion hound? :shock:

:lol:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
xHypex said:
I agree with you on the clips.
Good, I thought I was alone there :)

Member popnfresh has a good setup, but I don't see much use for the Wilderness belt in dress casual situations
http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=360752

Hope that helps.
-hype
That link did.

I really like the Alessi W6DT that "ctc" posted picts of...
(Hope he doesn't mind me 'borrowing the picts here)

Clips hide under teh belt. Nice :!:

·
Registered
182 Posts
Clips hide under teh belt. Nice :!:
I've never carried so I can only apply common sense and comments from others, but by not attaching to the belt you lose a lot of stability. Most people will tell you a good gun belt makes a huge difference, so unless you have really good load bearing pants you'll want the clip on the belt.

That's why I am opting for the Vclips :wink:
-hype

·
Premium Member
24,847 Posts
I carry my Para Ord 45 in a Tucker Cover up, tuckable, one clip...between my knife, cell phone and various other stuff hanging from my waist, no one even notices there is one more thing there.
It is a TUCKER and it is LEATHER...very nice product they turn out!

·
Banned
11,479 Posts
HVAC-TEK said:
I go with a tuck able IWB almost every day and have noticed the same issue. Obvious large black clip is kind of a give away, but in the time I have been carrying no one has noticed. Not even the police. So you won’t have a problem. Since only CCW people will even be aware of what the clip is for, only CCW people will notice it.

I plan to use the...

"It’s for a medical device, I’m sorry but it’s a personal matter and I am not comfortable talking about it." Line if any sheeple ever ask me about it.

KIM
Obvious large black clip is kind of a give away, but in the time I have been carrying no one has noticed.
Before I became CCW savvy I walked into a liquor store and noticed someone walking out with those clips on his belt (cross carry and tucked). I saw that and said to myself, what the hell was that? Finished my business and left.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Is there a IWB holster that works with no belt and could just clip on the waistline of a pants? It looks like the uncle mikes holster would work but I heard its made cheaply and I rather purchase a quality one.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.