Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my ccw permit and my xd9 service. WAY too many holster to try out and im in need of one. I currently have the SA holster and a DeSantis holster (think its a E1) I was interested in a Crossbreed Supertuck or a Uncle Mike's? (friend of mine is about my size and he says he loves his but he lives too far to try it out) Any info/reviews/pictures would be appreciated, in fact I would like to encourage yous you upload pics of you wearing your holster.

specs: 6' 275lbs (im usually 230-240 but kinda went overboard this summer :D)

..... damn im hungry lol jk

·
Premium Member
16,428 Posts
Small guy but still overweight supertuck works great for me.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'll get pic when I can but I'm 6'2" 260lbs and CBST works great for EDC with my XD45S. I had to poke a couple extra holes in the leather to get the cant right for me but it now very comfortable. I talked to mark at Crossbreed and assured me that the extra holes would not void the warranty. Strongly suggest a good gun belt as well. Good luck!

·
Registered
189 Posts
I'm 6'2" and weigh 350 and carry an officers size 1911 and the Supertuck is the way to go. It hides the gun very well and is extremely comfortable. You might also check out Galco's King Tuk, it's very similar to the cbst. Good luck

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
'Bout the same dimensions. Ironically, swelled up to my "fighting weight" after getting married. Ditto CBST.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Had to cut off the leather above the kydex of my CBST, my "luv handles" kept bending it over, hard to re-holister the gun some times, still a great holister, just had to modify mine.

·
Registered
138 Posts
5'10" 220ish (mostly in the gut) Crossbreed supertuck works great for me at about 8 o'clock position (left handed).

Phillip

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
5'6" 230lbs remora holster for S&W bodyguard 38 at 0830-0900

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good stuff guys.... anyone care to share of photo or two? lol

Glad to hear there are options available, now another question. Do you guys still use same waist size pants or do you get a larger (im sure 1 size bigger)?

·
Registered
538 Posts
I found my pants were generally bought with a little extra space. I'm not gonna be layin on the bed with pliers trying to zip 'em! Unless you are wearing "skinny jeans", it shouldn't be a problem if they are comfy to wear holster free. Not a larger person, just my two cents on the pants matter.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
^^ cool... like i said since this past winter and promotion at work (more computer work, less field work) i put on a couple of pounds and my jeans fit a little snug now and with the gun it felt very uncomfortable.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I am 5 8 and 212 pounds, and the cb subertuck works fantastic for me. I carry the xdm compact .40

·
Registered
946 Posts
XD45 in a supertuck. I recently got a 1911 and wanted something leather so I have a DM Bullard Dual Carry on order. Will report back on how comfortable it is to carry.

·
Registered
101 Posts
6'2" 240, I really like the CB SuperTuck at the 4:00. Then wear. A 2X Hawaiian type shirt cor cover. Works great!

·
Registered
989 Posts
This thread and title are cracking me up, but I am glad to see everyone sharing good info.
Sorry but I dont have any good info to add besides you probably cant go wrong with the CBST and if you dont like it return it., that way there will be more blems for the rest of us to fight over, haha

·
Premium Member
5,363 Posts
I know someone who carries an XD in a CBST and this person is a big boy! He likes it....

I carry a CB quickclip and like it..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts