Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seem to be having trouble finding a holster for my s&w .380 bodygaurd. I have tried a few different ones and all seem to print quite a bit. I must be doing something wrong, or worrying too much about it maybe. I have an xd9sc that I wanted to carry but realized that it seems way to big for me to canceal, so I got the smaller gun because I am not a very big guy at 5'7" and around 160.
Suggestions??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looked them up, wonder who copied who? They don't list the bodygaurd yet. It is a little cheaper than the crossbreed, and I do like that you can change the kydex to fit other guns. I also found one called Kholster, looks about the same and cheaper yet.

·
Registered
4 Posts
email the guy and ask him.....when I ordered mine --was not on his list. and he still made mine. good luck........I have mine and its worth the money. especially switching out kydex for you particular weapon.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have a IWB Galco work great. It helps alot to have a good belt as well. I have a looper. Works much better than a regular just hold your pants up type.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
I recently aquired a MTAC and cannot believe how comfortable it is, excellent product and very fast on production and CS is excellent from Comp-Tac

·
Registered
157 Posts
I recently aquired a MTAC and cannot believe how comfortable it is, excellent product and very fast on production and CS is excellent from Comp-Tac
i second the mtac. i have had them all and no one equals the fit and finish of the mtac. not even the crossbreed. the kydex and leather work are absolutely perfect. my supertuck looked like it was formed by hand on a kitchen table by a teenager when compared to my mtac. and you can buy other shells for it if you decide to carry another weapon. i just ordered another shell or my cw9. 2 minutes and a couple screws and carrying another weapon instead of having to buy another $80 holster.

ill tell you this - when i got the mtac - i didnt even bother taking the supertuck away from my dog when he started chewing on it.:D

·
Registered
178 Posts
I carry mine on a IWB Remora Holster, stays on no matter what you do without any hooks, and the best thing...I use it as a pocket holster, better than anything I tried.
Check Average Joe for the review Best money I ever spent

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
i second the mtac. i have had them all and no one equals the fit and finish of the mtac. not even the crossbreed. the kydex and leather work are absolutely perfect. my supertuck looked like it was formed by hand on a kitchen table by a teenager when compared to my mtac. and you can buy other shells for it if you decide to carry another weapon. i just ordered another shell or my cw9. 2 minutes and a couple screws and carrying another weapon instead of having to buy another $80 holster.

ill tell you this - when i got the mtac - i didnt even bother taking the supertuck away from my dog when he started chewing on it.:D
I did have a Crossbreed Qwikclip that I sent back in favor of the MTAC and you are right about fit/finish ... it's very dam good and comfortable as hell

·
Registered
158 Posts
I seem to be having trouble finding a holster for my s&w .380 bodygaurd. I have tried a few different ones and all seem to print quite a bit. I must be doing something wrong, or worrying too much about it maybe. I have an xd9sc that I wanted to carry but realized that it seems way to big for me to canceal, so I got the smaller gun because I am not a very big guy at 5'7" and around 160.
Suggestions??
IMO if you are printing with a 380 bodyguard IWB, its probably not a problem of holsters. its a problem of either you being overly paranoid, carrying in a bad position (3 oclock prints bad for me since its right on the hip bone, but adjusting to 4 or 5 oclock fixes it), or your clothes are not CCW friendly. you need to dress around your weapon, not add a weapon to your dress. i stopped wearing tighter fitting t shirts most of the time and got baggier shirts and lots of button downs when i started carrying. ive seen 120 pound girls carry full size guns without printing, surely you can do it too.

i carry 1 of 2 guns, either my glock 27 in an mtac or my xd in a crossbreed...depending on what poison i want for the day. im 6' 165 so im not a large guy either and i have no problems with either gun. i carry around the 4-5oclock position btw.

also cant you just pocket carry the bodyguard (with a pocket holster obviously)? what position do you carry? what type of clothes are you wearing? how tight do those clothes fit?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
scxd40, I just started to carry and am trying different things, and I am probably still a little paranoid, although don't need to be, I am legal. I have been trying carrying at 8, 9 or 10 oclock (lefty).
I normally just am a jeans and tshirts or cargo type shorts and tshirt guy. I wear average fitting clothes. I do have a sturdy belt, and am starting to get a few bigger shirts.
I tried the pocket holster and it just looks like I have a wallet or something in there. My DeSantis softuck IWB works ok but it digs in a little and if I tuck in my shirt, you can see the gun bulging out the waist and belt area.
I think I need to try a thinner holster like maybe a Kholster or it seems like a few people like the mtac. I just don't have a bunch of extra $$ to throw around on stuff that might not work out.
And I agree, if a 120 pound girl can carry without printing, there is no reason I can't. Thats why I'm getting a little frustrated.
Thanks for the good advice.

·
Registered
158 Posts
try more to your backside above your rear pocket. the only problem i have with printing that far behind me is when i bend over, gotta look around before i pick stuff up off the bottom shelves in walmart.

are you tucking your shirts in or letting them hang? are you blousing them or tucking them in deep?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
My pocket pistol is the LCP and I carry IWB with a Crossbreed MicroTuck and I love it. At 4 - 4:30, it doesn't print at all. Have you considered either front or back pocket carry? I carry wallet style in a Talon Training Group holster and front pocket in a DeSantis Nemesis. All work very well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
try more to your backside above your rear pocket. the only problem i have with printing that far behind me is when i bend over, gotta look around before i pick stuff up off the bottom shelves in walmart.

are you tucking your shirts in or letting them hang? are you blousing them or tucking them in deep?
I usually don't tuck unless I wear a sweatshirt over a tshirt, but when I do tuck I leave it hang out a bit, it does hide pretty good, but the handle prints a little sometimes, and the holster can be seen bulging a little behind the beltline and just a little lower.
Tried near rear pocket, it bulges out a bit above the pocket and somewhat interferes with accessing my wallet. It seems like just past 9 oclock with the holster (desantis softuck) that I have works best, but it just seems like it shouldnt stick out so much.
I think I will try one of the hybrid style holsters, they seem a little thinner.

After reading this, it also seems like I might be a little too fussy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts