Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There needs to be some kind of warning...I didn't know that I was engaging in risky behavior.

It started with just the occasional peek, at a few pictures. Then a furtive glance at the "AR Talk" sub forum.

Then following a link in someones signature to calguns.net sent me down the rabbit hole.

I began trying to justify my need for another rifle. My .22 is too small, my .30-06 is too big. 5.56 must be just right. Yeah thats it...I need a semi auto. http://www.xdtalk.com/forums/non-xd-other-gun-discussion-area/85667-looking-semiatuo-rifle.html

I then began researching OLL's, and reading volumes of posts, and even California Law.

I was assaulted by Charts, and flowcharts, and gratuitous pictures of staked castle nuts.

Why weren't there more warnings? Who knew?

Now I'm looking at OLL lowers and searching for FFL's.

EBRD can be transmitted by keyboard! Not even California is safe! Only time will tell if I can stave off the vampire like hunger. Stalking through websites while at work, only makes it stronger!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
good luck its futile to resist.

get ready start watching your retirement, kids college funds, precious er looms to start dwindling away.

you can not resist EBRD even purchasing a new EBR will temporarily quench the thirst and desire eventually that satisfaction will dissipate and the hunger will return for more AR or new accessories.

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
Yep, only way to subdue it is to buy stuff to calm it, just a little bit... Oh did I mention? I'm selling stuff! You can start your "fix" by contributing to my fix! :) ;)

·
Premium Member
4,843 Posts
Good Luck!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Ah yes... BRD (Black Rifle Disease)... It happened to the best of us... my (10) extra mags (on top of the 16 that I had) came in yesterday... my carry handle should be there today... for the new rifle sitting like an outcase in the safe, with no rear sight on it... :-D next to the 24" match AR...

Mike

·
Registered
127 Posts
Welcome to the club and good luck with the Cali legal build. I had the same issues as a born and raised New Yorker. I actually held off on buying my first AR for over two years. I wanted to wait until I escaped, and had to live with C&R guns and a pair of neutered AK's for a while.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
Dude, I'm in the same boat. Just a peek, and now I have 3!!! AR's planned!!! 3!!!!

Spike lower

Mega lower

CMMG lower

And maybe a full SW MP 15T just for the heck of it.

·
Premium Member
3,006 Posts
you will love that M&P its sweet:-D

The plan was to just buy the SW and then a lower after it. But I've been working over time like made. And I've got a side job planned every saturday for the next month so I can buy the lowers before in the horrible chance this happens, Obama gets elected. But yeah, that 15T is pretty tight looking. Lovin' the rifle length free floats.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I know I've got it ... I just spent close to $400 on three small items ...

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
I know I've got it ... I just spent close to $400 on three small items ...
You should start making an excel spreadsheet of all the things you have bought for your AR-15 platform. Include in there the price for everything and watch your grand total go.. UP UP UP UP AND AWAY!

Seriously, ouch! I remember what my "fun savings" account looked like when I first started getting into firearms. The total of that account pretty much transferred over to the grand total amount in my spreadsheet! DOUBLE OUCH!

·
Registered
160 Posts
I, think I have it too. Have the same symptoms. I, think I am going to build one.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
You should start making an excel spreadsheet of all the things you have bought for your AR-15 platform. Include in there the price for everything and watch your grand total go.. UP UP UP UP AND AWAY!

Seriously, ouch! I remember what my "fun savings" account looked like when I first started getting into firearms. The total of that account pretty much transferred over to the grand total amount in my spreadsheet! DOUBLE OUCH!
I don't do that any more. I did that with my last vehicle build and it totaled more than $16,000 plus the cost of the vehicle. :shock:

·
Registered
367 Posts

I did that exact thing, actually made 4 different builds on the excel, 2 that I was looking at and 2 KISS builds for my buddies to think over. I am about to build 2 of my buddies rifles for them, basically cause this chart surprised them at the cost.

here is an example of what I did. it will really help you to build one yourself. mine started around 700$ and now after everything I've purchased you can see that I'm almost up to 1100$.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I wouldn't do a spreadheet in a million years. The potential of my wife discoveing how much all this crap costs with the click of a mouse is my worst nightmare :-D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts