Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After waiting almost two weeks for my order of a black/black XD 45 Tactical to come in, I got sick of waiting and picked up a Dark Earth/Stainless from my local Gander Mountain. I found out a few days ago that this same option is a Gander Mountain exclusive. The only way to get this model is to buy it from Gander Mountain, or buy a bi-tone and a dark earth and frankenstein it. So here's my new baby! It's set up with a DGR "Fatty", a Wolff 20# spring, and a StreamLight TLR-1. To all you doo-doo brown fans, try not to drool too much!

·
Registered
185 Posts
I love my dark earth. I was not to thrilled about it when I first got it, but since have grown to like it a lot. It is one of my favorites in the XD line.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Thats purdy. And the bore is nice and shiney!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I wanted the dark earth when I picked up my XD45c, but no one had one, all they had was black, so I ended up with black. I could've been more patient, but I had just unloaded my kel tec p11 and had $$ in my pocket that had to be spent, so black it was. I'd go for an even trade if someone ever offered it to me: black - dog poo.

·
Premium Member
2,497 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
Buds is my local shop and no Gander doesnt own them. Looks like some one fed the OP a line about those being a GM exclusive
What else would you expect from a GM salesman????????:confused:

Congrats on your purchase LP.:)
Doo Doo Brown...It sure does look like it.:shock:
I don't care for the earth tone frames, but I know some yall love 'em.:rolleyes:

Happy shooting...........:cool:

·
Registered
706 Posts
Nice looking gun
To bad the light didn't match either the slide or grip

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
TOTP

LP, congrats on finally getting the gun. I know you have been impatiently waiting on this for several weeks now. SO, make sure that you keep it in your holster until you get to the range. We do not want any pre-mature projectilations :shock: going on now do we? LOL, JK, get to the range and tell us all about it.

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For those who are saying, "hey, this is the same one at Bud's," guess again. That's the 4". This is the Tactical. Feel free to check the Springfield website. They don't even list the Dark Earth/Stainless .45 Tactical as an option on their website. I checked and double-checked. Heck, for that matter, try to google XD9626HCSP06, which is the model # for this beauty. You won't find anything, except maybe a link to this thread.:mrgreen:

As for getting to the range, it won't be for a bit, I think. I just put 400 rounds through the .45 Tactical w/ thumb safety I bought as a gift for my father. He wanted me to break her in and test her out for reliability with SD ammo. I don't know when I'll be able to get to the range as this is a busy time of year for me and the closest indoor range is a 60 mile round-trip. Then again, my closest outdoor range is about 30 yards from my house, but I'm being a sissy with the weather after breaking in my dad's XD outdoors in the Minnesota winter. When my trigger finger gets itchy, I'll head out and have a blast, no pun intended. :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very nice!! I am wanting to buy the same gun. Do you mind telling how much you had to pay at Gander Mountain?
It was $650 at Gander Mountain. I talked the firearms manager into a free FFL transfer for an AR lower I have coming in, so since they normally charge $35 for an FFL tranfer, it was like getting it for $615. Yeah, this is more than I wanted to pay, but it was worth it to have a limited supply model. That, and since the going rate for the .45 Tac bi-tone was $600, it wasn't that much more to pay.

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
And thanks everyone for the compliments.

Looks good man. I looked at the same pistol last night at GM. It looks even sweeter with the TLR-1 mounted.
Nice looking gun
To bad the light didn't match either the slide or grip
I really like the looks of the TLR on it. I was a little doubtful at first, but since the frame hardware is black, once I got it home and attached the light, I liked this pistol even more. Even my wife, who isn't too crazy about guns, likes the look of it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts