Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With temps being in the mid 90's with high humidity, it hasn't been easy to carry and conceal my XD40. Im now in search of something smaller and lighter, I went to the local shop and handled a couple different .380s unfortunatly they didnt have a range so I couldn't fire them. I really liked the way the S&W Body guard .380 felt in my hand. Does anyone own one or have experiance with them? Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have the LCP. I liked the feel of the BG 380, but I found a good deal on the LCP with ammo for $250 and CT laser for $150 with $50 rebate.

I am glad I got the LCP. What was critical to me was the activation of the laser. On the LCP is natural compared to the BG. it is another step that that helps with target acquisition.

I added a finger extension and hogue grip to make it the best CW! Plus, hot or cold I will always carry it. I think it'll get the job done with 7+1.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Take a look at the Ruger LC9. Its a 9mm instead of .380, and its only a little bigger. I don't have one yet but I am seriously considering it. I currently carry an XD9 4" and I want something smaller for summer as well.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I really, really like my Sig P238. Shoots like a big gun and conceals anywhere. I owned an LCP, which was a great gun, but I like the Sig much better.

My buddy owns a BG, and really likes it, but I haven't fired it so I can't give you any first hand information about it. Good luck!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I think the LC9 is way bigger than the LCP. speaking of, I just traded in my LCP for a bodyguard and carry AIWB in Fist 1k.

·
Premium Member
420 Posts
I love my Sig P238. I also have a Taurus TCP which is a little smaller, but the 238 is awesome. It actually has sights that are useful.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have the Keltec PA3T and the S&W .380 BG. My preference is the Sig. P238.

1. Better trigger pull (more natural)
2. Much more accurate
3. Has optional laser (which I don't use)
4. Can be worn on OWB holster, IWB holster or pocket holster

·
Registered
12,197 Posts
The recent IHOP shooting is why I won't carry a mousegun. There was a ccw outside the bldg that was armed & would not engage. He was interviewed & was terrified of the AK. I can only suspect he was like the 1000s of ccw holders that carry convenient guns instead of fighting guns & rarely practice or train. While I don't think everyone needs a fulls size XD & two spare mags, carrying something you can actually hit with beyond arms length & have enough rounds to stop the threat seems pretty prudent. Shame, he could have saved lives. Yes, I carry a 5shot snub on occasion along w/ a reload, w/ surprise on your side, which he had, & some practice, you can still be effective to 25yds. A XDsubcomp or G26 carries just about as easily as a 5shot snub or most 380s.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I don't feel comfortable to carry less than a 9mm. My search for a pocket gun ended with a 442 in a pocket holster.

·
Premium Member
4,823 Posts
carrying something you can actually hit with beyond arms length & have enough rounds to stop the threat
XDsubcomp or G26 carries just about as easily as a 5shot snub or most 380s.
I carried my BUG by it self once.

To me convienience does not superceed ability needed as with a full size / vs. A mouse gun.

Usually I have both.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9550 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31,568 Posts
I purchased an LCP earlier this year, love it.
Fits easily in my front pocket, even goes in the pockets of some of my jeans.
A friend was grilling me on buying a .380, saying it was pointless because ammo is so expensive and I should have got a 9mm. I couldn't make him understand that it was no range toy, it was a defensive tool. 50 rounds will last a long time if you aren't shooting them.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Very interesting thread. I find it very easy to conceal my AMT 45 backup, but it has occurred to me that in a situation like the IHOP shooting, I would be thinking the same thing as the CCW guy. My XD45c can be concealed, but not always - depends on the weather. To my knowledge I've never been made with either gun... but I should make the effort to carry the XD more often than I do.

·
Registered
205 Posts
im in a similar situation as well. its hot as hell in texas some times and some of my shirts that are lighter tend to print more. so ive started to look at the pocket guns so i can still carry something. im considering the lcp or the bodyguard 380. Ideally i would like to get to put them in my pocket and see how it looks/feels and shoot em both before I make my choice.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just wondering, Ive heard many opinions against reliance on BUGs. Is it the caliber, ammo capacity, short barrel length, or something I'm missing?

·
Registered
11,293 Posts
Surprised that no one has mentioned the Kahr CM9. IMOP a much better piece than the LC9 for just a little more.

OH SpringerFan did, nevermind...carry on. LOL

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
XD40SC IWB is my EDC no matter how hot it gets. an untucked polo shirt is as casual as I get in public.

(sometimes I mix it up with other guns or open carry, but the 40sc is the smallest I go).

I can't think of a handgun that would give me the confidence* to lead a 1-man charge into an IHOP where a gunman is laying waste with an AK.

*Many other words come to mind in describing someone who would try to take out a guy in a restaurant with a rifle while carrying only a handgun

·
Registered
159 Posts
Small gun is better than no gun.
I like my LCP. Over 500 rounds fired since I got it and it never fails to go bang. I am point of torso at ranges up to 25 feet.
Beats the he'll out of a pocket knife.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I carry my XDsc everywhere in a CBST, I have not had any problems with people making me, that I know of, and I always wear a tshirt here in Florida.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I carry a well worn LCP as a BUG. I however almost always have a full size gun either in the car or near by in a ruck sack or carry attache.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts