Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just opened a Fedex box to reveal a thing of beauty. Amazingly I shipped my Tactical to Rich on Tuesday morning and its is home today. 3 Days!!!!! Rich you are a gentleman and a scholar sir!!

Here is its first pic. Better quality later on after I add the remaining modifications this weekend.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The trigger? Dude I'm still caressing the finish an hour later. I haven't even touched the trigger yet ;-) Actually it is amazing as well. I thought he had screwed up at first when I pulled it and it wouldn't go back any further. LOL! Muscle memory was looking for the overtravel. If my son didn't have a lttle league game tonight I would be at the range now. There's an IDPA match in the morning that I travel to. I'm a little hesitant to go with a gun I haven't tried yet but WTH.

WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
You will love it, make sure you post a range report!

As for the trigger, take it easy the first time out, making sure to keep your finger out of the guard until you are ready to fire. Because it is lighter with little travel, an AD is easy to have. Just go slow and be safe. I promise you will laugh aloud when you fire your first live round with that "new" XD.

Scott

·
Registered
454 Posts
What is the price for 'fusion'? Did you have him do the internals as well? 3 days for that and a trigger job to boot...wow! Can't beat that. Rich can do other colors as well if I am not mistaken...right? I am seriously considering this finish(color unknown yet) for my OD service model. don't really mind holster wear or a few small scratches it is a everyday carry gun after all but I like the looks of that finish so much that I might just have to get it done anyways.

Your Pistol looks awesome!

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
YOU STOLE MY PI..... oh wait, that's not a Bomar on there...

Oh well, dammit, so much for being unique. Couldn't you have gotten it in like green or pink or sumpn? :)

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have a set of Dawsons for my Tactical and STILL haven't sent it to Rich to have them installed (talk about procrastination). How do the taller sights work in a holster. I have a High Noon slide guard that I hope it will still fit once the Dawsons are installed.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
aiformula said:
YOU STOLE MY PI..... oh wait, that's not a Bomar on there...

Oh well, dammit, so much for being unique. Couldn't you have gotten it in like green or pink or sumpn? :)
Tony,

You had the first, so you will always be unique!

Scott

·
Super Moderator
8,970 Posts
USMC-PRIDE said:
Rich can do other colors as well if I am not mistaken...right? I am seriously considering this finish(color unknown yet) for my OD service model.
With a OD Frame, I'd suggest going with a Tan or Earth color. That would look awesome!!!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts