Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My upper finally got delivered this afternoon and finished it about 10 minutes after it got here. But I can't go shoot it until Thursday. And then maybe not then due to lots of rain and my range is 5 miles down a dirt road.

Stag Lower, DPMS lower parts kit, Del-Ton 16 inch mid-length flattop upper with chrome barrel and CAA carry handle. I know CAA stuff is not well liked but its what I could afford for now.

Tim

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
My upper finally got delivered this afternoon and finished it about 10 minutes after it got here. But I can't go shoot it until Thursday. And then maybe not then due to lots of rain and my range is 5 miles down a dirt road.

Stag Lower, DPMS lower parts kit, Del-Ton 16 inch mid-length flattop upper with chrome barrel and CAA carry handle. I know CAA stuff is not well liked but its what I could afford for now.

Tim
how much was the CAA carry handle.

i know you can get Used carry handles pretty cheap on arfcom.

i just sold a S&W carry handle for like $65 shipped on arfcom. last week.

·
Registered
116 Posts
congrats Just got mine together week ago shoots sweet
Stag lower saber upper midlenght cmv chrome 16" A4 M4 feed ramps troy battle sights oh magpul crt stock just added.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Very nice looking rifle. I am sure that it'll shoot well too! ;)

I have seen the CAA stuff hold up pretty well. I think that your carry handle will be just fine and will serve its intended function without any issues. Just make sure the thumb screws are turned down tightly and you might want a little extra torque on those with a screwdriver (not overtightened) just to make sure you have a solid mount.

Have you decided on a case for it yet?

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very nice looking rifle. I am sure that it'll shoot well too! ;)

I have seen the CAA stuff hold up pretty well. I think that your carry handle will be just fine and will serve its intended function without any issues. Just make sure the thumb screws are turned down tightly and you might want a little extra torque on those with a screwdriver (not overtightened) just to make sure you have a solid mount.

Have you decided on a case for it yet?
I'm off duty tomorrow. I'm going to go look at some shops in Lubbock first before I decide. The store here in town had some Bushmaster cases for 30 bucks a couple of weeks ago. I might get one of those and scrape off the Bushmaster logo. I don't know how it would go over having a case with another brand name on it. Kind of like being a Goldwing rider with a Harley tattoo.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Congrats on a beautiful weapon.

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the responses guys. I am really pleased with the way it turned out. I'm already going to buy a couple of more stripped lowers this week when I get paid. That way I can have them before any possible future gun bans. I may get one for a future .308 project also.

I did get a Bulldog case at the local shop today. It was 37 bucks with the tax. Looked kind of funny carrying an AR 15 case to the ambulance.:razz:

The Bushmaster cases were only 20 bucks but had no mag pouches.

Yeah, I got the fever!

Tim

·
Registered
5,752 Posts

Tim

what do you think your total cost was? minus the striped lower.
i have an extra ar-15 reciver and i think that is pretty much exactly what i want to build since i have my long range ar (CMMG 18" SPR) and im waiting on my stamp for my close quarters short barreled rifle (10.3 CMMG) so the only thing left is the regular 16" rifle

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
what do you think your total cost was? minus the striped lower.
i have an extra ar-15 reciver and i think that is pretty much exactly what i want to build since i have my long range ar (CMMG 18" SPR) and im waiting on my stamp for my close quarters short barreled rifle (10.3 CMMG) so the only thing left is the regular 16" rifle
Right at $600.00. That includes the shipping on the kit from Del-ton. I could have save about 30 bucks off of that if I would have bought my LPK with my kit. And another 45 if they would have had the chrome moly barrel.

Tim

·
Banned
8,566 Posts
well if you liek the carry handle and it works you cant ask much more, i wish my grandpa was into guns and had an ar15.

i wish i had a range 5 miles from me :(

looks good to me by the way.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts