Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered this over Memorial Day weekend from Brownells during their sale. 2 days after ordering it went on backorder because apparently they didn't actually have them yet. Finally shipped last week and after having to make a trip to the post office to retrieve it it's time to build a gun. Color and texture are apparently Brownells exclusives. I dig the texture a lot. I'll update this today as I go

@DevJames
IMG_1055.JPG

Reactions: Cyanide

·
Registered
18,639 Posts
Nice, I've thought of trying the same thing. Make sure to update us.

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
I actually bought one of the purple gen 1 frames too when MidwayUSA put them on sale for 60 bucks. No idea when I'll complete it as my shoulder is too jacked up for me to entertain the idea of using a rotary tool right now.

You got the compact version with metal rail inserts right?

·
Premium Member
21,674 Posts
Can you buy Glock 'uppers' only?

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
Ordered this over Memorial Day weekend from Brownells during their sale. 2 days after ordering it went on backorder because apparently they didn't actually have them yet. Finally shipped last week and after having to make a trip to the post office to retrieve it it's time to build a gun. Color and texture are apparently Brownells exclusives. I dig the texture a lot. I'll update this today as I go

@DevJames
View attachment 303881
I really like the cut. I wonder how thick the plastic is. Might want to send one to Jad at Rookworx:)

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I actually bought one of the purple gen 1 frames too when MidwayUSA put them on sale for 60 bucks. No idea when I'll complete it as my shoulder is too jacked up for me to entertain the idea of using a rotary tool right now.

You got the compact version with metal rail inserts right?
Correct.

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I really like the cut. I wonder how thick the plastic is. Might want to send one to Jad at Rookworx:)
They make a ready-Mod version specifically for having stippled.

Reactions: xsm1thy

·
Registered
5,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pins are a bitch to get in. Kudos to Polymer80 for shipping it with standard drill bits for metric pins.

1 - 20 of 112 Posts