1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
So, this idiot allows intruders into his home. They beat him and intimidate his family in his own home, and of course, he has no way to deal with them because he obviously has no guns. He deserves it!

If this sort of thing happened in my neighborhood, the bodies of these young jackals would be stacked like cord wood. That's why it would never happen in my neighborhood!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Thats rediculous!!! Some day soon a mob is going to come across the wrong guy he will drop as many as he can until he doesn't feel threatened and you know what gonna happen next. An even bigger mob will come. What then? I just hope that me and my family are well prepared.

·
Registered
17,759 Posts
But the attackers pounded on his front windows and kicked his wooden door so hard, it flew open and some of them entered his house.
Let the bodies hit the floor

Sorry...that right there would equate to 7 rounds of 00 buck being pumped into said doorway as fast as I could operate the slide...

Madness...sheer and total madness and "pack mentality" right there

·
Premium Member
8,923 Posts
He deserves it!
No, no he doesn't. Just because someone doesn't have any guns they deserve to kit the $h!t beat out of 'em. I don't think so.

·
Registered
4,676 Posts
No, no he doesn't. Just because someone doesn't have any guns they deserve to kit the $h!t beat out of 'em. I don't think so.
If you don't do what you have to do to protect yourself and your family in this day and age, then sorry, you do deserve whatever happens ... I do think so!

·
Registered
184 Posts
So, this idiot allows intruders into his home. They beat him and intimidate his family in his own home, and of course, he has no way to deal with them because he obviously has no guns. He deserves it!
This guy took in two young teens who needed help from a mob, those are NOT intruders, he was innocent and trying to help. HE DID lock his door which was beaten down, if you read the article or heard about it in the news.

A innocent man was beaten for trying to help TEENAGERS, in NO way is that deserved at all. Now, I do agree I would have used a firearm to protect myself. Once the door was broken down.

But, if you feel this man deserved it, does that mean the other white gentleman who was shot sitting on his stoop by a 15 year old trying to rob him was deserved as well?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Wow...that's all I can say but best be sure that if that happened to my family and I we would all be locked and loaded not necessarily to shoot and ask questions later but more as a deterrent we aren't in a nation wide SHTF scenario and it sounds like LEO was not to far behind...I wonder what the legal ramifications would be if a mob broke into your house and you started shooting...it's not as cut and dry as if a single assailant broke in with a weapon and threatened your life... I ponder

·
Registered
86 Posts
It is interesting how when something completely unrelated to you and your concerns happens, it becomes really easy to make it all about you and whatever it is you care about. White kid pushes a black kid and some of them laugh about it. Black friends and family assume white racism and go on the chase to continue the fight. At this point some white people assume that this is because "those people are naturally violent". That dance goes in a circle round and round.

And of course, the people here with guns on their mind make it all about why everyone should be more heavily armed. I'm sure someone else would make a case that one of the attackers had a gun and therefore we need stricter gun controls. :p

·
Registered
408 Posts
Wow...that's all I can say but best be sure that if that happened to my family and I we would all be locked and loaded not necessarily to shoot and ask questions later but more as a deterrent we aren't in a nation wide SHTF scenario and it sounds like LEO was not to far behind...I wonder what the legal ramifications would be if a mob broke into your house and you started shooting...it's not as cut and dry as if a single assailant broke in with a weapon and threatened your life... I ponder

Where you live (IL), you might go to jail, who knows with all of the stupid gun laws there. Free states have a castle law in which case, it's fair game. A felony (B&E) is committed & you're in the clear to stop it. The bodies will fall as fast as you can pull the trigger & there can be no consequences against you legally.

·
Premium Member
8,923 Posts
If you don't do what you have to do to protect yourself and your family in this day and age, then sorry, you do deserve whatever happens ... I do think so!
He tried to protect his family by getting the rest of them out of harms way:
Inside his house, LaVelle, 37, called to his wife, Kim, 30, to go to their bedroom with their twin 13-month-old boys, Mark and Mason, and to call police. He also ordered his two other sons, 11 and 17, and his nephew, 7, to stay upstairs.
He did what he could with what he had available. It's not like he welcomed in the mob. They broke down his door. Of course I think he should have a gun and I would have used mine had I been in his position, but just because the person doesn't have a gun doesn't mean they deserve a beating, especially for trying to help out some innocents who may or may not have even been involved in the initial incident.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I can't get over the fact that one of the kids mothers came by a day or two later to continue banging on the door threatening him and his family.

What the hell is going on in this country?

·
Registered
818 Posts
Where you live (IL), you might go to jail, who knows with all of the stupid gun laws there. Free states have a castle law in which case, it's fair game. A felony (B&E) is committed & you're in the clear to stop it. The bodies will fall as fast as you can pull the trigger & there can be no consequences against you legally.

I've always wondered why IL has such crap gun control laws... I was told it was because of all the gangsters in the 20's..it's almost like they are empowering the criminals and hindering the LAW ABIDING citizen

·
Registered
19,986 Posts
Thank God for 30 round magazines.

Anyone who still tries to claim there is no reason to have a magazine larger than 10 rounds is delusional.

·
Registered
837 Posts
It's one thing to risk your life to help someone, it's another to risk your families as well. He's a brave guy who risked a lot to help those kids.

·
Registered
17,759 Posts
In Texas...anyone kicks in your front door (whether it single or mob)...you have legal precedence to use deadly force

·
Registered
17,759 Posts
It is interesting how when something completely unrelated to you and your concerns happens, it becomes really easy to make it all about you and whatever it is you care about. White kid pushes a black kid and some of them laugh about it. Black friends and family assume white racism and go on the chase to continue the fight. At this point some white people assume that this is because "those people are naturally violent". That dance goes in a circle round and round.

And of course, the people here with guns on their mind make it all about why everyone should be more heavily armed. I'm sure someone else would make a case that one of the attackers had a gun and therefore we need stricter gun controls. :p
And a pipe, and a knife, and their fists, and their feet...kinda defeats your "stricter gun laws" when it was abundantly apparent they wanted to do PHYSICAL and LETHAL harm to those involved..

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
This is the first instance in which I think the use of slugs in a shotgun would be appropriate. It seems like the best round to use when a mob has shown up at your front door and are trying to get in. With a shotgun having such limited capacity and a handgun having such limited effect, being able to maximize your defensive effect per round would seem appropriate, hence, shotgun with slugs.

·
Premium Member
466 Posts
This is the first instance in which I think the use of slugs in a shotgun would be appropriate. It seems like the best round to use when a mob has shown up at your front door and are trying to get in. With a shotgun having such limited capacity and a handgun having such limited effect, being able to maximize your defensive effect per round would seem appropriate, hence, shotgun with slugs.
or some 000 buck.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts