Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my name is M2, and I am a 1911-oholic!

Went to the big monthly gun show here in San Antonio. Wasn't expecting much as Saturdays are when the hords hit and all the good deals get lapped up. But, was out wheeling with the Jeep club yesterday, so we couldn't make it until today. Got there early, and the place was vacant; about one-third of the vendors weren't there at opening. I guess the good people were at church! Still, walked around just to see what was there. Most assault rifles were overpriced, the Yugo underfold I bought a year ago is now 50% more. Even crappy Romanian WASR-10s, which were running $300-350 a few months ago were close to $700! And people were snagging them left and right. It was pathetic. The dealers are capitalizing on Obama fears, and I lost count of the number of times I heard them pitching how much prices were gonna go up in January. It's BS profiteering, and I am not falling for it.

But, I was contemplating another Springfield 1911, this time a Mil-Spec in stainless steel, to round out my collection. I have a black stainless Loaded Target, a Lightweight Operator in Armory Kote, a Parkerized GI, and felt a stainless would go well with that crowd. Unfortunately, all I could find was another Loaded with combat sights (but not night sights). It was sweet looking, so I grabbed it...

And here's the "gang of four"...

Sorry for the crap pictures but they were quickly taken before the wife dragged us all out grocery shopping. I haven't even broken it down and cleaned out the excess oil; but I hope I can get out to the range this week and shoot 'em all.

A word of caution, having open spaces in your gun safe will drive you to purchases like this. That, and a wife that gives you the 'cleared hot' everytime you ask about buying a new gun (God bless her!). But that's it for a while, prices are too crazy and I think I am going to focus on storing up some ammo just in case there are more taxes imposed on it. However, I did see a nice Webley .455 chambered in .45 Colt that was only $500...:p

Cheers! M2

·
Registered
747 Posts
Well if you do eventually find exactly what you are looking for I would be more than happy to take that Operator off your hands. I would hate to think of you being over burdened with those fine 1911s.

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
You certainly do have it bad. Isn't it great!!! I only have the priviledge of having 2 Springfields, and 1 Kimber. Love your operator. Maybe one day ......

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Oh yes...1911s are like Mausers and Enfields. Own one and before you know it, you have seveal taking up safe shelves and you will continue eyeing more of the b*stards!

I have 4 1911s, one is a Springer, the others are Kmbers and Colts and yes...if I came across another at a good price...I'd nab it!

Gun shows HAVE gotten crazy. I saw those 700 dollar Romo AKs and other overpriced nonsense. Some 1200 dollar basic Bushy, Stag and DPMS ARs too. Forget it...they can keep that stuff at those prices.

Theres not even a ban on the table..the man is not even in office...its panic-ville out there and even though I am buying some extra ammo here and there...I am NOT buying an overpriced AR or AK. The only reason the prices are up is because some pinheads are PAYING these prices. Don't contribute to the lunacy and maybe prices will go back down.

- Brickboy240

1 - 4 of 4 Posts