Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my Real Ithaca M37's and have been looking at the New Ithaca 1911. They look great but have not found one local to handle. They run around $1700. Or I could get a GI service 1940's Ithaca M1911 for around the same. Which would be better or should I stay away from them?

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Whoa, they're that much? Does the big green R own Ithaca? I keep thinking they bought them out a good few years ago.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whoa, they're that much? Does the big green R own Ithaca? I keep thinking they bought them out a good few years ago.

Just found this

Historical Overview of the Ithaca Gun Company

•1883~William Henry Baker and partners go into business as Ithaca Gun Company, start making side by side shotguns
•1937~The John Browning designed Model 37® is put into production at Ithaca
•1967~Ithaca Gun Company is sold to what will become General Recreation, Inc.
•1987~Ithaca Acquisition, Inc. moves gunmaking operations to King Ferry, NY. Changes name of Model 37® to Model 87.
•1996~Ithaca Gun Company, LLC changes name of the Ithaca pump gun back to Model 37®
•2005~Ithaca Guns USA, LLC of Upper Sandusky, OH purchases Ithaca Gun's assets, starts M37 production
•2007~Ithaca Gun Company acquires the assets of Ithaca Guns USA, LLC and continues moving forward in Ohio, bringing modern techniques and ideas to gunmaking

Never owned by the R

·
Registered
29,831 Posts
There was just an article in them in Gun Digest.

And at that price tag...I'd get a Les Baer.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
There was just an article in them in Gun Digest.

And at that price tag...I'd get a Les Baer.
This!
It's a nice gun, don't get me wrong. But at that price you could pick up a les baer, a Dan wesson, a trp operator, a Kimber, or a nice used Wilson. Just saying, at that price, there would be a lot of 1911s I'd take over it.
Half that number and we'd be in "bidness"

·
Registered
19,923 Posts
Have no idea why I was thinking that...I'll blame a 30 dollar bar tab at a cheap watering hole.

The pistol looks good but I'm inclined to agree with Cuda.

·
Registered
18,433 Posts
They look nice and it would be great to add to your shotty, but there are a lot of other choices in that price range that would be a better choice.

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
I've never seen one, so unless I saw it and was just blown away for that much coin there's other guns I'd pick up first.

·
Registered
29,831 Posts
I've never seen one, so unless I saw it and was just blown away for that much coin there's other guns I'd pick up first.
I've never seen one live and in person, but the pictures I've seen...they don't appear to be anything special.

And they are releasing a Hard Chromed M37--which caused me much priapism until I saw the price tag $1300 (MSRP).

F##K that! I'd sooner get a Benelli M4 for the coin...

·
Registered
18,867 Posts
I've never seen one live and in person, but the pictures I've seen...they don't appear to be anything special.

And they are releasing a Hard Chromed M37--which caused me much priapism until I saw the price tag $1300 (MSRP).

Agree on the Benelli 100%

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I wont buy a New Ithaca... I dont like them. Not sure why, but Ill buy the old NY ones in a heart beat

·
Banned
20,993 Posts
I'd have to go with Les Bauer...or Nighthawk for that kinda money..m

1 - 19 of 19 Posts