Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well..specifically the elite IA....this past spring I visited a local pawn shop just to check what guns they got and I noticed a beretta chambered in 9 with a rail, vetec frame, different grip panels from the reg 92, triangle hammer and something that said elite on the slide. I was attracted to the vertec frame just cause I never like the extra length they have on the reg 92. I'm thinking of checking to see if it's still there, if I remember he was asking for $455 or $475. It was in pretty good condition. Good price? Anyone shot one?

·
Premium Member
17,523 Posts
My first handgun was an Italian made Stainless 92.
I never was very accurate with it and traded it in on a Sig P229 in 1994.

But after further handgun ownership, it was probably the user that had the accuracy issues, not the gun..:oops:

It was 100% reliable..
Actually one of the only guns (of many) I regret selling.
Entirely for sentimental reasons....:neutral:

Sounds like a good price to me Vash...

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My first handgun was an Italian made Stainless 92.
I never was very accurate with it and traded it in on a Sig P229 in 1994.

But after further handgun ownership, it was probably the user that had the accuracy issues, not the gun..:oops:

It was 100% reliable..
Actually one of the only guns (of many) I regret selling.
Entirely for sentimental reasons....:neutral:

Sounds like a good price to me Vash...
I feel that way most of the time when I rent guns, is I had more time to get used to it then I would be golden. I hope it's still there

·
Registered
810 Posts
Not fond of the Vertec frame which is strange because I like flat mainspring housings on my 1911s. The regular 92 grip has the sights perfectly in-line when brought up to eye level like my flat MSH 1911s. If the gun is in great condition than the price seems like a really good deal to me. I would ask to take the slide off so you can inspect all of the internals of the frame, slide and barrel.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well checked it out again and their asking $535 (with tax), the grip screws looked rusted and a few nicks on the frame. Im thinking of holding off for now since the gun show is coming to town in a month from today and just save up the cash and see if I can get a deal..... BTW Mr CZ also considered himself lol.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
I just refinished the frame on a Used stainless (Inox), Vertec 96 in CeraKote. Slide was flawless. Paid only $329.00 at Buds through law enforcement discount. Bought some 13rd mags for it (.40 cal), a fiber optic sight, & some new Wolff springs to make it smoother.
Can't beat it, one of my favorites & my new "Apocalypse" bug out pistol. So easy to fully disassemble and easy on replacement parts.
Buds doesn't have anymore stainless (Inox) ones, but they have blued ones a little more expensive now.

Buy one asap, you won't regret it. Recent posts about having to buy Hi-Points because everything else is too expensive, they need to do some shopping around! ;)

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
535 for an EIA is a good deal depending on condition. Most elites are highly desirable Berettas due to limited production, they have brigadier slides, and they are "G" action: meaning decock only with no safety.

If you like the vertec frame of the Elite IA and the gun is in good condition, I say definitely go for it. If you're just looking for a beretta with the vertec frame and don't care about the other stuff (such as brig slide and de-cock only) go with the deal that Bud's has on police trade in vertec 96's. It's a .40 so you might not be interested in that, but 329 for a lightly used vertec 96 is a hell of a good deal. The ones showing up on forums from bud's have been in very good - excellent condition.

When I find good deals on berettas that are not the run of the mill 92/96FS I have a hard time passing them up.

ETA: I didn't read the entire post above mine. Turns out the inox vertecs are gone from bud's now. I cannot speak for the condition of the batch of black ones. They are selling for 379 which is "likely" a good deal still if they're in good shape.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/654_910/products_id/411543378

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the feed back!!!! Soo many guns I want.... If I'm right the EIA have a dovetailed front sight right? Yeah I did see that deal from buds....I'd get it but would like it in 9mm. Gun show on Aug 13-14, gonna save up and see if I can find one, and will be keeping an eye out for a CZ 75 SP-01.

·
Registered
4,262 Posts
Well..specifically the elite IA....this past spring I visited a local pawn shop just to check what guns they got and I noticed a beretta chambered in 9 with a rail, vetec frame, different grip panels from the reg 92, triangle hammer and something that said elite on the slide. I was attracted to the vertec frame just cause I never like the extra length they have on the reg 92. I'm thinking of checking to see if it's still there, if I remember he was asking for $455 or $475. It was in pretty good condition. Good price? Anyone shot one?
I frequent Beretta Forum, and I would ask your question there too. There may even be one for sale in the trading forum. Worth a look.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Yesterday, put about 100 through my Vertec since the CeraKote. Ran great, BUT would not lock the slide back after the last round. Three different brands of mags & used high dollar JHP's. Kind of upsetting :-(

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Checked it out again today, it looks pretty good, the grip screws are a little rusty and there is dust/dirt around the hammer. A little TLC would make it look better!!!! I think Im going in, lame that I have to wait till monday to put it away since the owner (im guessing) deals with the guns....he seemed a little irritated today, maybe messed up is lunch time :p

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Went again today to visit it and I asked to field strip it, and all the internals looks good needs some oil, the "elite IA" markings look like its worn, im guessing the lettering used to be gold looking at pics of the real steel (way too many airsoft :p). Like I said a little TLC is all it need, looking at the mag it has the lowest hole at 10rds...........moday cant come by any slower....layaway and she is mine for sure!!!!

oh and I look some snaps....sorry for crappy cell phone pics

·
Registered
6,314 Posts
The lettering should be silver/bare metal colored.

You can pick up some new grip screws for the vertec from Dave Olhasso's website:

David Olhasso Beretta Parts

While you're there I suggest picking up a "D-spring". It's a $6.50 trigger job and any rube can install it.

I actually just looked at his site and he no longer has listed "vertec grip screws". The screws on a vertec are slightly shorter than on a regular 92/96 so if you replace them you'll have to take a thread or two off of regular grip screws on a grinder, dremel, etc.

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The lettering should be silver/bare metal colored.

You can pick up some new grip screws for the vertec from Dave Olhasso's website:

David Olhasso Beretta Parts

While you're there I suggest picking up a "D-spring". It's a $6.50 trigger job and any rube can install it.

I actually just looked at his site and he no longer has listed "vertec grip screws". The screws on a vertec are slightly shorter than on a regular 92/96 so if you replace them you'll have to take a thread or two off of regular grip screws on a grinder, dremel, etc.
Well one of the guys mentioned that it may already have a D spring from the factory, but I'm currently looking it up. I did notice that the D spring is shorter than the reg spring, so if I can get a it's length I'll measure the one in my EIA.

i seen this on the beretta forum. like i said there.. get it cause i would in a heart beat
yuppers....got the money for layaway its just that the owner is the one that process the guns (thats what he said)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.