Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Held on at the gun store recently and loved it. Now I can't decide if I want to trade my M&P for one or just wait 6 months and save up. Lord knows I have enough carry guns...

·
Registered
803 Posts
Im also impatient, but I would save for the LC9 keep the M&P, the LC9 will still be there in 6 months nice and pretty, maybe in 6 months you might get luck and find a price drop on it even if its just s few bucks, it has happend to me! Good luck!

·
Registered
146 Posts
From a newbie -- for what it is worth -- LC9 vs. XDMc 9mm was my toss up. My decision is XDM because: 1) as my first semi-auto, so I want to become familiar with the weapon type; 2) 13+1 vs 7+1; 3) superior ergonomics; 4) long trigger pull on LC9 combined with a small grip area risks my pulling gun off target -- until I am more experienced.
That being said - for me - if your purse strings, shooting experience, proficiency, and accuracy all exceed mine, AND you have a need for a small, pocket carry in the same caliber as your M&P or any other of your armory -- why wait.
Should only your availibility of funds be the limiting factor -- get an empty peanut butter jar, and at the end of your day, chunk your loose change and $1 bills into it. In six months (or less) you can decide what you want to do.

·
Registered
632 Posts
If you like your M&P save for the LC9. If you don't like the M&P trade it for the LC9. I never get rid of a gun that I like for another gun.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the M&P. I switch between a glock 27 and 23 in the winter and my J-frame in summer. Just thinking I'd like a smaller single stack 9mm, but it's not "needed". I'm not crazy about all the safeties on the ruger, but liked how it felt in my hand.

·
Registered
392 Posts
From a newbie -- for what it is worth -- LC9 vs. XDMc 9mm was my toss up. My decision is XDM because: 1) as my first semi-auto, so I want to become familiar with the weapon type; 2) 13+1 vs 7+1; 3) superior ergonomics; 4) long trigger pull on LC9 combined with a small grip area risks my pulling gun off target -- until I am more experienced.
I ended up with both. Quite frankly the XDm was just too bulky to carry in the hot weather.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, I'm in Mass and we can't get XD's, so that's no use. Plus I have a glock 27 which is essentially the same size. If you got both...are you glad you have your LC9, do you carry it in an IWB, ankle, or pocket holster? And do you find yourself carrying it more often than your other guns?

·
Registered
392 Posts
LC9 IMHO is too big for true pocket carry comfortably (although some claim to do it). Maybe I'm just not into baggy enough jeans. Anyway,IWB you'll hardly know it's there and easy to conceal. It has a very long travel, but once you get used to it, it shoots well.

If you can afford to carry larger, but limited to 10 rounds, the SR9C is a great gun. Accuracy is very good. Initial run had some teething problems with light strikes but they've long since worked them out. On paper the largest width is is less than a tenth inch smaller than a XDm, but if you compare side by side you'll see much more of a difference. It's also a few ounces lighter, so it'd be a little more comfortable to wear. Honestly had I not already bought a XDm (and fell in love with it), I'd own an SR9C as a home-defense/winter carry (but still have the LC9 for most EDC).

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Uh oh. Buds has the LC9 on sale for $349 shipped. Don't click "buy", don't click "buy"......

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
But now I've realized I can get a Kahr PM9 in Mass...oh no...the decisions...

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Uh oh. Buds has the LC9 on sale for $349 shipped. Don't click "buy", don't click "buy"......
I just bought a cm9 from buds for $410. Shot it today 60 rounds without any problems of anykind. CM9 and PM9 are practically the same. No external safetys. there is a triger block safety, you have to pull the trigger to release that one. Shoots great.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just bought a cm9 from buds for $410. Shot it today 60 rounds without any problems of anykind. CM9 and PM9 are practically the same. No external safetys. there is a triger block safety, you have to pull the trigger to release that one. Shoots great.
I think so far the pm9 is the only ma compliant one, and it does have a thumb safety. It'd be nice to have the match grade barrel and all that too, but it's not a selling point. Must.research.further...

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Checking both out tonight... All I know is that the Kahr has to be REALLY special to make me pay $500 more than the Ruger.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
I think so far the pm9 is the only ma compliant one, and it does have a thumb safety. It'd be nice to have the match grade barrel and all that too, but it's not a selling point. Must.research.further...
The cm9 and pm9 have the exact same features except for barrel rifleing and the rounding off of the edges. NEITHER have a thumb safety. Both have a internal striker block safety. You would be paying for extra looks. If the pm9 is MA compliant, then the cm9 will also be.

·
Registered
8,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The cm9 and pm9 have the exact same features except for barrel rifleing and the rounding off of the edges. NEITHER have a thumb safety. Both have a internal striker block safety. You would be paying for extra looks. If the pm9 is MA compliant, then the cm9 will also be.
They do have the external safety on the mass compliant models. You're probably right though, I should wait for the CM9 to be approved.

·
Registered
17 Posts
LC9 for me.

I've had smaller pocket pistols (Micro Eagle, P3AT) and there are smaller pocket 9's out there. The reason the LC9 works so good for me is it's small enough to fit in a front pocket, yet still big enough to get a solid grip on.

Mine rides in my front pocket in an uncle mike's pocket holster. I'm in AZ so it's cargo shorts most of the year. Tighter pants and the gun gets tucked in a bikini style holster IWB. My LC9 always wears the factory pinky extension anda Hogue grip.

I do have 2 complaints about the LC9:

Ruger, why did you paint the sides of the loaded chamber indicator? It looksstupid and just comes off if you clean your gun with brake clean anyway. Iguess it’s good it comes off easy though.

And what's with the crappy finish on the barrel? After very few rounds itlooked like crap.

I polished the barrel and feed ramp withmy trusty Dremel and it looks 1000X better.

One thing I’ve got say about my LC9 is that it’s been dead reliable. Minehas never failed to feed, fire, or eject. No break in, no BS.

Here’s a pic of my LC9 with it’s bigger brother, a PT145 (for heavier work :rolleyes: )

·
Registered
414 Posts
As I just posted on another thread, I recently acquired an LC9 with the Crimson Trace laser. It's much better for a carry gun than the XD40sc that I've carried for several years. I'm in love.

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Lot of complaints. BAD trigger due to soooooo many safety's. Bad trigger on such a short sight radius makes for a lot of missed shots

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
They do have the external safety on the mass compliant models. You're probably right though, I should wait for the CM9 to be approved.
There are a few other differences between them. But you NEED to wait for it to be approved! ;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts