Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Thats scary I think one of the aliens from the movies Aliens got thier acid blood on it. He has to have acid sweat from hell.

·
Registered
370 Posts
heh, i saw this too. it doesnt look like normal rust to me. one thing it made me think of though. is it possible to get a glock finish on an xd?

·
Registered
12 Posts
It does look kinda look like the Copper like lube that Glocks come with from the factory, even the night sight has some of it on it. Hmmmmmm?
If it's not the factory lube, it had to be some serious chemical contamination. First I've seen on a Glock pistol. I'm sure Glock will handle it quick, if it really is rust and not a bs post.

·
Registered
223 Posts
From here it looks like he got it splashed with...wait, he said he's right-handed...and a new LEO...in NYC...what rides a standard equipment belt right near the holster? Anyone know whether maybe they carry pepper spray or some other chemical like that? If so, is the canister in a position where it might spritz the gun a little bit if he leans the wrong way?

Could be the finish on that gun doesn't react well with the stuff...?

Otherwise, I'd say maybe he was walking past or helping someone working on their car and got a small splash of battery acid on it.

T

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
We'll he does live in NYC.

Anything, and i mean anything could've been splashed or sprayed or spattered on that gun.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
Pepper spray is usually carried in front of the pistol on the gun side. Ive had it on me a few times and on my service weapon once," Faulty Valve on a can. That looks like the something corrosive of some kind but the metal doesnt seem to be coroding just the finish.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts