Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wisconsin governor has signed the concealed carry bill!!!!

·
Premium Member
127,272 Posts
That is great news! :)

·
Premium Member
3,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
49 down, one more to go.

What kind of math is that? 49 and 1 more does NOT make 57!! Senator Obama stated clearly that he had been to all 57 states while campaigning!:rolleyes:

Now we just have to wait 4 months to apply for a license and then up to 45 days to be approved. (21 days max after the initial rush.) Looks doubtful that any of us residence of Taxconsin will be CC'ing this calendar year. But we can hope!

·
Registered
616 Posts
What kind of math is that? 49 and 1 more does NOT make 57!! Senator Obama stated clearly that he had been to all 57 states while campaigning!:rolleyes:

Now we just have to wait 4 months to apply for a license and then up to 45 days to be approved. (21 days max after the initial rush.) Looks doubtful that any of us residence of Taxconsin will be CC'ing this calendar year. But we can hope!

It is still something to be excited about. Better late than never right! :D

·
Premium Member
3,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A Milwaukee news station did a short story on Walker signing the bill and they said there is a $50 application fee

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
A Milwaukee news station did a short story on Walker signing the bill and they said there is a $50 application fee

$50 total. I think it's in the bill as $37 for the license and $13 for the background check.

·
Registered
59 Posts
The Packers will be Packin' ! ! :razz: (Go Vikes, if there's a season? :cry:)

·
Registered
265 Posts
The application will be done and up in about 2 months, and you can apply at that time. I will have my materials ready to apply the minute that application goes up on the Web. 45 days from November 1 is December 16, right? So if you are one of the first to apply, I would imagine you could be carrying by mid December.

If you are one of the first to send in an application, who knows, they may just want to get that initial flurry out of the way as quickly as possible, so they may be ready to send out once November 1st hits. I wouldn't be surprised to see licenses hitting mail boxes in November.

·
Registered
7,507 Posts
The application will be done and up in about 2 months, and you can apply at that time. I will have my materials ready to apply the minute that application goes up on the Web. 45 days from November 1 is December 16, right? So if you are one of the first to apply, I would imagine you could be carrying by mid December.

If you are one of the first to send in an application, who knows, they may just want to get that initial flurry out of the way as quickly as possible, so they may be ready to send out once November 1st hits. I wouldn't be surprised to see licenses hitting mail boxes in November.
Which web site will have the application?

I've already got the training completed.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Great news!

·
Registered
265 Posts
My local news said we can get the application online at Wisconsin DOJ or go to the DMV. Not sure if one would be faster than the other.
This.

But I'm pretty sure the application doesn't exist yet. It's anyone's guess when it will be up. I will be checking periodically. If I see it up, I will let everyone know...

·
Registered
892 Posts
This.

But I'm pretty sure the application doesn't exist yet. It's anyone's guess when it will be up. I will be checking periodically. If I see it up, I will let everyone know...
Think I will make the Wisconsin DOJ website my homepage so I don't forget to apply once they are available.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Glad to hear that you guys up there can carry now! Are you guys going to be a FL reciprocal state?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Will Favre come back to quarterback the vikes? I hope so!
:oops:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts