Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20 days after turning in my application with the sherrifs office my permit arrived today!! HAPPY am I!! :D

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
20 days after turning in my application with the sherrifs office my permit arrived today!! HAPPY am I!! :D
Congrats!! Now on do do your wally world walk :D

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats!! Now on do do your wally world walk :D
Maybe tomorrow...work was rough on me today...but very much looking forward to it. Will feel weired I think, like I am doing something that I'm not supposed to...lol...why does it have the "sneaky" feeling to it? lol

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Maybe tomorrow...work was rough on me today...but very much looking forward to it. Will feel weired I think, like I am doing something that I'm not supposed to...lol...why does it have the "sneaky" feeling to it? lol
That "sneaky" feeling goes away quickly. You will be comfortable in no time. Things to remember:
#1 Don't constantly tug at your shirt to make sure its still concealed, it is.
#2 People are completely oblivious to their surroundings, no one is looking at your hip.
#3 Slightly oversized, dark colored, patterned shirts can conceal just about anything. Invest in some if you don't already own a few. I prefer plaid to Hawaiian.
#4 Most important of all: a quality belt and holster make all the difference.

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That "sneaky" feeling goes away quickly. You will be comfortable in no time. Things to remember:
#1 Don't constantly tug at your shirt to make sure its still concealed, it is.
#2 People are completely oblivious to their surroundings, no one is looking at your hip.
#3 Slightly oversized, dark colored, patterned shirts can conceal just about anything. Invest in some if you don't already own a few. I prefer plaid to Hawaiian.
#4 Most important of all: a quality belt and holster make all the difference.
Thanks SpringerFan! I do have the belt and holster covered. Also have been adding to my closet of cloths as well just for this. As for constantly tugging at the shirt, it makes sense that this would likely be done without even thinking just making sure things are still covered. This is where having the right cloths to KEEP it covered helps!! Also, never really thought about it but you are right, most people don't even pay attention to the person next to them let alone stare at their hip...:D

·
Registered
343 Posts
Idk that sneaky feeling minimized for me but hasnt completely left. Probably because if your concealing you're kind of trying to be sneaky, right?

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Idk that sneaky feeling minimized for me but hasnt completely left. Probably because if your concealing you're kind of trying to be sneaky, right?
LOL...yea, guess that is kind of the point. Not that you are trying to be sneaky in a "bad" way, but in a way that you don't want ppl to know you are carrying or it would not be concealed carry right? LOL I just wasn't expecting to have the "sneaky" feeling to it. I don't care much for sneaks in the general sense of the word, as it has a pretty negitive conotation to it. But, in this case I guess what I am feeling is exactly what I should be for now...

Congrats by the way!
Thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts