Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone carrying the sub compact for a while notice that your 4" now looks kinda funny?. after getting used to only seeing my sub, i pulled out my 4" and it looks huge!. perception is a strange thing.

·
Registered
10,955 Posts
I wish my 4" looked huge :shock:

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I don't think the 4" looks huge. I think it looks "standard". Maybe not normal, but not wierd.

Now the Tactical...don't get me started on how goofy it looks... :)

·
Registered
342 Posts
ichy_trigger said:
haha.

I thought the 4" looked funny when I passed it up to buy the subcompact in the first place. Been trying think what people see in them, but they're an excellent gun no matter the size. Performance matters, ok itchytrigger?

The tactical looks ok because it's kinda stretched out, but the service is too symmetrical.

I just discovered italics, could anyone tell? j/k

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
ichy_trigger said:
Remember, its all about the motion in the ocean, or so some people say

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
Perception IS everything.

Since I shoot 1911s mostly, when I pull out my 4" XD-40, it looks like a sub compact to me. Short and very petite. The Makarov seems almost toy-like on top of that.

Also, when I go from my 1911s or XD-40 to the Hi-Power, it seems ultra thin...like a CD case.

Wierd!

-Brickboy240

·
Registered
782 Posts
I did an FFL transfer of my XD Service and when I got it I thought I had mistakenly been sent the subcompact. The XDs seem small to me, I was used to thinking of big revolvers and .45s when thinking of handguns, I guess.

·
Registered
885 Posts
CmptrN3rd said:
My dad revolver is HUGE compared side by side to my XD. Its amazing how far gun technology has gone.
Their respective sizes really have nothing to do with advancements in technology. There were pocket-guns (derringers) back in the days of the Old West.

·
Registered
885 Posts
nikon777 said:
anyone carrying the sub compact for a while notice that your 4" now looks kinda funny?... perception is a strange thing.
Too true.
I actually prefer the look of the SC to the service. Most likely because I have an SC. If I had a 4" I might feel different.

·
Premium Member
24,885 Posts
CmptrN3rd said:
My dad revolver is HUGE compared side by side to my XD. Its amazing how far gun technology has gone.
The N-Frame Smith looks big next to anything!

·
Registered
181 Posts
I think they all look great. Different size for different jobs (or in my case just another reason to buy another gun). Never really thought anything was weird going from one to the other. But I routinely go from my 1911 gov't to my Kahr MK9 so maybe I'm used to it.

I have a XD9 service and XD40 tactical just waiting to buy a XD40 SC until I can convince my wife I need 3 of the same gun (that's the way she sees it.

·
Registered
580 Posts
my first gun was the fullsize USP. EVERYTHING after that felt small. ;-)

my buddy's walther P99 felt "compact" to me...hence the reason for me getting the 4" version.

perception is funny...*in hushed tones* don't tell anyone, but there is a picture of the GLOCK 36 standing up, and viewed from the muzzle...i think it looks really cool. :oops:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts