Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I'm left handed, shoot rifles and pistols left handed and my left eye is supposedly the dominant one. I've never had any problems with shooting rifles with my left eye. My vision, however is slightly worse in my left eye than my right eye (things look blurrier through my left than my right). I have found that I suck shooting handguns with my left eye and do MUCH better with my right eye. I was at Sanners earlier today.. gotta love a completely open range.. yeeeeha hehe and started by shooting with my left eye.. well I shot through the right side of my target stand lol.. as soon as I started using my right eye while still holding the pistol left handed I was doing much better so stuck with that.

Are there problems shooting a pistol left handed but with your right eye or would I have to start shooting with my right hand.... ugh. I shudder at the thought.

Thank yas =)

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
I'm very right handed, but my right eye was damaged.
I draw and point a handgun just like any right handed shooter. The only difference is I lay my head over to the right(earlobe touching shoulder). My left eye lines up perfectly with the sight.

I do have to shoot long guns left handed, and it's not as bad as it sounds.

Punch a hole in a piece of paper. Hold it at arms length and focus on something through the hole. Draw the paper into your face. The eye you pull the hole to is your dominant eye.

If it's your left then maybe you just need to visit the optometrist.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I'm right handed and left eye dominant. When shooting a pistol I turn my head slightly to the left so that I'm aiming with my left eye. With a rifle I close my left and aim with my right.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts