Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just this last time I went out to do a little shooting at the girl's parents house I had a small issue. The gun fired great and was as accurate as I can expect it to be with me pulling the trigger :lol: but I had one repetitive issue.

When I reload the gun doesn't want to load the first round 90% of the time. It looks like the barrel moves forward slightly and tips downward just enough for the round to catch itself on the feed ramp.

The odd thing is that it never once jammed up while shooting, regardless of the speed between shots. I initially had the issue with my don's guide rod and 22# spring and then switched back to factory and had the same issues.

The gun's been field stripped, but nothing further than that.

·
Registered
71 Posts
yeah...i had the same issue with FTF's after reloading...someone here (forgive me for not remembering your name) told me to not use the slide release after reload, but to do sling shot style, which I assume means pulling back the slide manually to release it.

Also told me to polish the feed ramp using a dremel and a polish bit, but not sure on the details of that.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well I'd already polished the feed ramp slightly since my federal premiums didn't like to load very well. I also tried "slingshotting" it and it still jams. Usually I have to fiddle with it a little and it will load, but I bought this gun to do a little shooting in competitions with eventually and this makes it nearly useless for that. With all my other hobbies, this little snafu almost makes me want to get rid of it since there's a nice turbo I could pick up for my car or I could start building my new computer. :evil:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Reesegr, I believe it was OldSchool that told you that.

Mavisky, did you try doing a slow slingshot while looking into the chamber?Try this and see what happens when and where. It might give a better idea of the problem.

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
If the bullet is hitting the feed ramp......then its angle is too low for your pistols liking open up your feed lips about a 100th of an inch. Take a look at this picture where I compare two magazines and show how vastly different the angle and highth of the top round can be.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Opened it up a little bit and it feeds perfectly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts