Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought two of these magazines for my DPMS. They fit nicely but when I rack the charging handle it will not engage a round. Neither magazine works. Tried another factory DPMS magazine and it worked perfect. Has anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
3,655 Posts
dam. im picking up a couple of these next week. let us know if you find out what the problem is.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Pull the bolt back and lock it to the rear. Smack the bottom of the mag up into position. Let the bolt release. It *should pick up a round and go into battery. I have the same issue with my new pmags

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dam. im picking up a couple of these next week. let us know if you find out what the problem is.
Will do.
Pull the bolt back and lock it to the rear. Smack the bottom of the mag up into position. Let the bolt release. It *should pick up a round and go into battery. I have the same issue with my new pmags
I tried that. Didn't seem to make a difference. The blot slammed shut without picking up a round.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Try holding the mag up when you release the bolt.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Have a picture of the Mag feed lip position with the upper removed? Looking for position of the feed lips in relation to the bolt catch.

Also a picture side by side with your good mag? Looking for mag catch location comparison there.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
These are the only two pmags I have.

I will get you those pictures later today after work.

·
Registered
31,246 Posts
I have about 8 of those generation P-mags and they run 100% in both my ARs. They are the only AR mags I have used besides the 20rd stock Colt mags.

Sorry...don't know how to help you.

-brickboy240

·
Registered
8,278 Posts
something has to be out of spec, either the bolt, the magwell, or the mags.
+1 on this...my bet is the magwell...I have never had a single issue or defect with Magpul Products...I run their mags exclusively in the 20 and 30 round flavors...never even owned a steel magazine

·
Registered
6,687 Posts
I have a couple of lowers that absolutely won't accommodate Pmags. Mag just won't fully seat.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
MagPul does have an M3 version now that's supposed to be compatible with more brands of ARs. I don't remember if DPMS was one of those that the M2 was not compatible with, or not.

Sent from my Transformer TF101

·
Registered
768 Posts
I have a DPMS and they M2 work just fine in it. I trust PMAGS so much that i trusted my life to them in Afghanistan. It might be an issue with your rifle.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts