Springfield XD Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I carre a 9mm SC and I need something that will go around a 48" waist :p

I got one from Amzon but the buckle clip wouldn't hold at all so no way it is going to carry a gun!

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hawkeye if I want to sling something over my shoulder I will carry my cc purse lol.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
162 Posts
This thread needs pics...

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Obviously I have missed the humor.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Some members think anyone with a Fanny Pack screams "GUN!!!" and only Mall Ninjas that would by a Concealed Carry Badge would want a FP.

While many who carry might look at a FP and immediately think 'gun', many more 'Sheeple' would be clueless... IF they even NOTICED the pack. ;) :D

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks. I have worn a fanny pack for years and I doubt anyone would jump to the conclusion that this old lady would be packing heat. I don't wear jeans in the summer so I need to change the way I carry.

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
This thread needs pics...
Thanks. I have worn a fanny pack for years and I doubt anyone would jump to the conclusion that this old lady would be packing heat. I don't wear jeans in the summer so I need to change the way I carry.

This thread does not need pics. I don't believe a fanny pack screams gun. I believe it screams dork and is a terrible place to keep something you're going to need in a big hurry.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Hey Jbubbs, are we so board today that harassing someone asking a legitimate question is what is floating your boat at the moment. Perhaps you need to imagine being in a bigger pond, or bathtub

·
Premium Member
4,323 Posts
This thread does not need pics. I don't believe a fanny pack screams gun. I believe it screams dork and is a terrible place to keep something you're going to need in a big hurry.
A fanny pack isn't for me, but they are indeed for some people.

I don't agree that it "is a terrible place to keep something you're going to need in a big hurry", mainly because I carry in an IWB holster with my shirt tucked in 90% of the time. It would seem to be just as hard to draw from a fanny pack as it would for me to draw tucked in a IWB holster. But, like anything else, it comes down to training and practice. After years of constant practice and carrying, I'm surprised at how fast I can draw and fire.

I've never carried in a fanny pack, but I assume with training and practice one could be fast and efficient?

·
Registered
5,635 Posts
Hey Jbubbs, are we so board today that harassing someone asking a legitimate question is what is floating your boat at the moment. Perhaps you need to imagine being in a bigger pond, or bathtub
No, I just can't imagine a scenario where carrying a gun in a fanny pack is the best option. But hey, maybe fanny packs have changed. I haven't seen one since Zubas were in style.

A fanny pack isn't for me, but they are indeed for some people.

I don't agree that it "is a terrible place to keep something you're going to need in a big hurry", mainly because I carry in an IWB holster with my shirt tucked in 90% of the time. It would seem to be just as hard to draw from a fanny pack as it would for me to draw tucked in a IWB holster. But, like anything else, it comes down to training and practice. After years of constant practice and carrying, I'm surprised at how fast I can draw and fire.

I've never carried in a fanny pack, but I assume with training and practice one could be fast and efficient?
Great, I can't wait to see the Jerry Miculek video of him breaking the speed record for drawing and firing from a fanny pack.

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
F**K what people think about you. Wear what you want, use situational awareness when out and about, train and be prepared.

Now having said that, I agree with JBubbs. I can not think of a great outcome using a fanny pack (tactical one or not) where it would be advantages. So many snatch and grab muggings with razor knives in crowded areas, and BAM you gun is gone off your body. I believe in keeping gun on body. (IWB, Ankle, Shoulder) ex. Would be snatch and grab thieves, think wallet, camera and etc. and just want the pack.

I just don't even like the concept, it seems more like a liability to carry in a fanny pack, for any reason other than hiking in the woods.

There is a video that shows an older oriental guy rolling around, training with a fanny pack, shooting from cover, car etc. If I can find it for you I will post it up! I'm looking! :)

Again - do what feels good to you - just be Aware of everything around you.

**EDIT Found the Vids

Here is the Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/TuffProductsVideo/videos

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
No, I just can't imagine a scenario where carrying a gun in a fanny pack is the best option. But hey, maybe fanny packs have changed. I haven't seen one since Zubas were in style.
Well first it isn't your call how others carry.

The type of responses you came up with behind the anonymity of the internet moniker is not what this forum is about, or should be about. But the big man gets to redicule someone they know nothing about with total impunity. Did it cause a surge in your testosterone, or feelings of self-worth?

There are plenty of forums and message boards where snide comments and insults are par for the course, find one, but this is not one.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I agree:

It's a satchel.
Though I believe there is a certain taint of "mall ninja" in this particular look... Perhaps something less assuming? After all... It's all about "blending in." Taupe over eggshell is just way too aggressive...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts