Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, first off, thanks for the forum. Alright, here's the problem, I shoot better when I quick fire than when I aim. Am I doing something wrong? Slow aimed shots were pretty good, but when I fired as fast as I could get the sight picture back I shot better. I think if I measured the groups they may have been the same size, but the faster ones were closer side to side. Guess I'm thinking too much when I'm aiming. I finally cured myself from healing(?). I was shooting high right. Now I'm pretty much dead center. Oh, by the way I have a XD9-bi-tone service. Great gun.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Welcome to the boards! it may be that you are anticepating the shot and are pulling them. Try going to the range and have your buddy load mags and insert them for you. dont load more than 3 rounds in a mag. have your buddy slip an unloaded mag in your XD so you dont see it. if you flinch badly or pull it off thats your problem

·
Registered
287 Posts
Alternativly you can buy a couple dummy rounds or snap caps..

Then before you go to the range load one mag regular and load the other with one dummy round somewhere in the middle of the other mag... once you get to the range you shouldn't be able to tell the difference... load up and go. You will know if you have a flintching problem when you find the dummy round. Repeat as necessary.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts