Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
They are not "broken." It is a parts kit. You have to add a receiver. They are not hard to assemble, but you have to go through a FFL to purchase a receiver since that is the part of the gun that the ATF considers a firearm.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ohok, so I can order this kit, and then get a receiver shipped to an FFL and then Assemble one..

Is it hard to do? any special tools? Any websites that walk thru this process? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
Its for a milled receiver, not a stamped receiver. A decent milled receiver will cost you about $350 if you're lucky...milled guns are the easiest to 'put together' (like an AR, really simple)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so the money for the receiver plus the cost of the parts gun... seems that I cna pick on up for cheaper on that note..

·
Premium Member
4,843 Posts
They are AK kits so therefore require a receiver to operate regularly.

edit:Wow too late. Oh well.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think I would just get a cheap wasr-10 and re do the furniture as I originally planned. now just to find a WASR..

·
Premium Member
28,481 Posts
And maybe someone can answer this question as well... would a legal AK built from these parts kits and an American receiver also need the correct amount of compliance parts as well?

·
Premium Member
648 Posts
I bend my own receivers on my front porch, with tools that I made myself. Screw buying the pre-bent things.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You are not going to get anything shipped to MD that includes a magazine with a capacity of 20 rounds or more.
30rd mags are legal to have but not to buy here. So I can goto PA and get a 30rd mag and bring it here legally.. Right? ( That is what I heard ):confused:

any other websites that have online deals? There was this one website that had a few ( it was a black website with listed aks on it... I cannot remember it ) I had lost all of my bookmarks on my PC, so I have no more links :shock:

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
30rd mags are legal to have but not to buy here. So I can goto PA and get a 30rd mag and bring it here legally.. Right? ( That is what I heard ):confused:

any other websites that have online deals? There was this one website that had a few ( it was a black website with listed aks on it... I cannot remember it ) I had lost all of my bookmarks on my PC, so I have no more links :shock:
"That is what I heard" is a good way to run afoul of the law. Get your info from reputable sites like the NRA ILA.

What you yourself physically purchase (NOT online) outside of MD and bring back to MD is a different story. No one is going to ship you a 20+ round magazine to MD as you cannot purchase one from MD.

After June 1, 1994, it is unlawful to sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive, or transfer any detachable firearm magazine (except a tube magazine for a .22) that will hold more than 20 rounds. Possession is not prohibited.

·
Premium Member
9,171 Posts
I bend my own receivers on my front porch, with tools that I made myself. Screw buying the pre-bent things.
So did I, back before they made flats. 100% homemade receivers. Then I did a few flats....then I needed some cash...after that, I decided that anymore I build are gonna be from preformed receivers since I slowed on building and it was worth it since if I ever had to sell some, they were already serialized.

·
Registered
5,617 Posts
Its for a milled receiver, not a stamped receiver. A decent milled receiver will cost you about $350 if you're lucky...milled guns are the easiest to 'put together' (like an AR, really simple)
Is it really that easy to put together a milled AK? I always thought you needed some heavy machinery no matter what...but if that's the case I might just build one.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts