Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my first XD 9mm service size last week. Took it to the range put 100rds thru it, and everything perfect.
Got home, and took apart the gun to check it out, when I put it back together, I noticed that the rod doesn’t recess all the way in; leaving this weird gap. (See picture attached)
Is this normal? Or I messed up putting it back together? I took it apart again 3 more times and try rotating the rod and nothing worked, it’s still like this.
I’m going to buy a Don’s rod guide next month because this month I got too many expenses to cover.
I would appreciate any feedback.
Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
54 Posts
mine sticks out, although not quite that far. I remember seeing how some guide rods are 'welded' and some are 'threaded and then hit with a hammer to expand the threads'. Even though my xd9 service has the two cutouts for accessories and the modified block thing (with the two holes drilled, which should indicate newest model?) min still has the threaded style guide rod. I literally have to tighten it down every couple hundred rounds. I need to red loc tite it.. just haven't had the initiative yet

·
Registered
11,052 Posts
Totally normal. XDs are designed this way. I'm not sure why, but ALL the factory springs on the SC and service are this way. If you don't like it get a Don's guide rod.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Apparently it keeps the slide/barrel from being pushed out of battery if the muzzle of the gun is placed up against something. Or at least that's what I've read, and it would work as such.

·
Registered
237 Posts
My XD9 service looked just like that before my DGR

·
Registered
477 Posts
mr0w1 said:
Apparently it keeps the slide/barrel from being pushed out of battery if the muzzle of the gun is placed up against something. Or at least that's what I've read, and it would work as such.
+1

jonas

1 - 9 of 9 Posts