Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my LMT sopmod stock kit today and the package was open near the buffer when I got it. From where I ordered it, it said that the kit comes with an H buffer. I'm just curious if this is the regular carbine buffer, or an H buffer without the H (if there is such a thing) and if the spring is from LMT (if there's a way to tell).

total noob question, but Thanks!

·
Banned
6,667 Posts
Since there isn't a H stamped on the head, I would say no that is not a H buffer and it is a carbine buffer.

Most places ship the complete setup with the standard carbine buffer.....the H buffer is an upgrade.

pic of a H buffer

carbine buffer weight = 2.9oz.

H buffer weight = 3.77oz.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. The website I ordered from said it would ship with an H buffer, so I will get in contact with them.

Another question, does it matter what spring to use, or are they all the same?

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
I agree with Mike. I dont' think it's an HBuffer either, but the only way to tell at this point would be to put it on a scale and weigh it yourself.

Here's roughly what the buffers weigh, though different manufacturers vary slightly, but this should have you in the right ball park.

Standard Car buffer 3 oz.
H Buffer 3-3/4 oz.
H2 Buffer 4-1/2 oz
H3 buffer 5-1/2
Rifle Length 5-1/4 oz

From left to right.
Car buffer H Buffer H2 buffer

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does anyone know if the brand of the H buffer matters? Would a LMT/CMT H buffer be "better" than a regular USGI H buffer? Does this also apply to springs?

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
i doubt it is but the only way to tell is to weigh it

·
Registered
160 Posts
If I replace my CAR buffer with an H buffer, will I also need to replace the CAR buffer spring with a stronger one or will that be sufficient?

·
Registered
902 Posts
You should be fine if yours is of good quality and less than 5k rds or so with a 'regular' CAR spring, prolly 10k or so with chrome-silicon.

If I replace my CAR buffer with an H buffer, will I also need to replace the CAR buffer spring with a stronger one or will that be sufficient?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts