Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my XD-45ACP to the range today... had a ball, my XD was really accurate and I am still impressed by it.... This is the second time I have had it to the range...

Today , I put about 75 rounds thru her, and here is the problem... My slide locked back 3 different times with still ammo in the mag... Once I was thru 5 rounds with 8 rounds left..... Once I was thru 10 rounds with 3 rounds left, and the last time I was only thru 3 rounds with 10 rounds left..... The slide was locking back thinking I was at an empty mag....

Has this been a problem others have seen???? Or is it something I am doing.... I noticed on each lock that the ready cartridge in the mag was moved forward ever so slightly...

Thanks for all your help.....

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
most likly is your thumb was hitting the slide stop lever

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
most likly is your thumb was hitting the slide stop lever
+1 on that. Double check your grip style. This is a common problem for new XD shooters. Either: 1) the slide locks intermitently and/or prematurely OR 2) does not lock at all after mag empties. Causes: 1) Thumb placed slightly too high pushing up Slide Lock Lever and actuates the SL lever causing premature SL. 2) Thumb placed on the SL Lever not allowing the SL Lever to actuate after mag empties. ( I had problem #2, re-adjusted my grip and never happened again ).

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Yes, check your grip! There was a thread I ran into a while back where someone had an XD with a slightly over-sized slide-stop. Take a full mag and carefully cycle it through by hand to see if the slide-stop is catching on a round in the magazine. The guy who had that problem simply filed down the slide stop slightly and solved his problem. This is a very unlikely scenario, but I thought I'd pass it along anyways.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts