Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at Walmart tonight and they had a box of 100 Remington Jacketed Hollow Point 180gr. for $36. I was paying $34 for Winchester FMJ 100 pack and was wondering if that is a good price for JHP.

·
Registered
7,687 Posts
Walmart is usually the cheapest price to be found, for HP ammo that is about as cheap as you will find on a 100-ct.

For defense purposes there are better performing options these days than the old technology JHP. Modern ammunition like PDX1 and others perform much better.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Walmart is usually the cheapest price to be found, for HP ammo that is about as cheap as you will find on a 100-ct.

For defense purposes there are better performing options these days than the old technology JHP. Modern ammunition like PDX1 and others perform much better.
Yeah I've got a box of PDX1 that I use for self defense. I thought I would give the JHP a try for the price. Is there any advantage at all to using them instead of FMJ at the range?

·
Premium Member
4,437 Posts
Yeah I've got a box of PDX1 that I use for self defense. I thought I would give the JHP a try for the price. Is there any advantage at all to using them instead of FMJ at the range?
Other than finding out how that brand shoots out of your gun .. no, they will make the same hole in the paper target you are shooting at... the range might like it better because your not trying to pierce through and beat up the back stop like you would with an fmj.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Seems about right. I dunno about y'all, but things at mt wallyworld have gone up a couple bucks.
Same. about $2 in the last 6 months. Winchester 115 gr 9mm is $24.97 or something now. I was not happy

·
Registered
431 Posts
Seems about right. I dunno about y'all, but things at mt wallyworld have gone up a couple bucks.
Yep - the 250 round 9mm box of Remington UMC went from $54 to $59 about 2 months ago... and even so they seem to always be out of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts