Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at my local FFL dealer monday and he offered me a XD 3in sub compact 9mm in blue for $384 he got stuck with it after someone had him order it and then backed out on him. (he's a FFL that has a store in his garage and works mostly on the net doesn't have a store front or inventory) He says it'll cost him another bit o change to send it back to his vendor so he'd rather just sell it to me for cost (I've dealt with him for a while so I do trust him)

Just wondering if thats the sort of deal I need to pounce on because it's too good to pass up or not. I hadn't really budgeted for this gun so It'd mess with my budget a little bit but not too bad.

What do you guys think since I figure this is the place to find out about XD's

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yea, thats a pretty decent deal and I would believe the dealer in stating that is his cost. If someone buys in bulk, I think they come a bit cheaper than that, but not by much. If you were concidering a SC in 9mm, I'd grab it.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I agree with snatching it up. Last year I paid 395 for mine (424 out the door) and it's the best deal I've heard of. Around here, the next lowest price was around 450, at that time. Not sure what they're at now, but if you can beat my price, you might as well grab it.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the replies. I'm probably gonna hold off buying the M9 till later in may and buy the XD while I can get this price on it since if I miss this one then they'll be $440 if I were to buy again.

I'm gonna go tomorrow and make sure it fits in my hand (some compacts are too short and my pinky hangs off such as a beretta 9000s)
If it fits I'll leave him $300 deposit and get him the rest next week.

Really screws up my budget but hey what the hell I've got an extra paycheck in may that can fix that right up for me.

·
Registered
688 Posts
SNATCH IT UP. As far as fit. I'm 6'2" and 300 lbs with big hands. Your pinky will definitely hang over. That is why Old School and James both sell the pearce mag extensions. It gives your pinky a perfect place to rest.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Best part is I got the quote back for hard chroming the slide. $75. so for abour $460 bux I'll have a Bi-Toned XD sub with a VERY durable finish. Should look great in my collection.
Can't wait to take her shooting next week.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts