Springfield XD Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I just wanted to get your opininions on this AR 15 I'm thinking of purchasing today. I know it is short notice but I hope to get a few replys a
nyway.

Looks like I can get this for about $1000.00 Locally. I've seen most AR 15's here for $1395 and up. This gun has del-ton upper. Stag Lower. New in box and never fired.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Way high for a del-ton build if you ask me. But it is up to you if it was me HELL NO. I would look around alittle more i think you can get something ALOT better if you are willing to spend $1k. Not saying del-ton isn't good stuff i have one and love it, but imo not worth $1k.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Everything out here on the westcoast is high. I know prices have gone up but East Coast still seems to have better prices than West Coast.

What do you think this gun is worth? I think the guy will negotiate for a cash deal. I have found a few other AR's that would need to be shipped which will run about $900.00 plus shipping.

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
I don't know.

The gun looks pretty good, plus it has a few extras and a buis already so that's pretty good, if you're really interested in it, ask to get a couple days inspection period to make sure it runs OK.

In all, the price is higher than they used to be, and I don't see those $700 or less build days coming back anytime soon, so for now, I don't think that's too unreasonable of price all things considered.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
it can be built for less, but you will have to wait for parts.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Finding parts and building was an option but heck so much is on back order. It looks like this one or I can get a DPMS AR-15 Sportical for $900. The sportical may be a little better for me since I am a female and don't have very long arms. The sportical actually felt great in my hands when I tested one of these out.

·
Premium Member
11,114 Posts
That's a hard decision to make given the recent panic buying that I'm seeing here in PA. Some of our prices here range between $1,100 - 1,300 (DPMS, Bushmaster, S&W)

See if that person could lower down the price and throw in a few mags (PMags preferred)! :p :rolleyes:

·
Registered
342 Posts
well i build mine alot cheaper then $1k for around $700 with 4pmags and buis. But thats before everthing went skyhigh.

·
Registered
6,686 Posts
Friend of mine was quoted $750 from a dealer in S. GA today, for a DPMS A-2, new in box.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can get it now for $950 I just called the guy. So Del-Ton Upper with Stag Lower or $900 Sportical DMPS?

Decisions Decisions!

·
Premium Member
2,192 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok fellas,

I'm going to see him at the range in about 30 minutes: I can get it for $950. Is an M4A3 Flatop AR 15 chambered in 5.56MM. Complete A.R.M.S flip up rear sight, 1 in 9 twist. M4 profile barrel, A2 flash hidder 6 position tele stock. Hardcase and on Colt AR-15 30 roung mags with lifetime warranties through DTI and Stag.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Shoot it, If it shoot good get it......Make sure it will unload a couple of Mags without ftf or fte.

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
Let's face it. It is a high price if you are talking about prices BEFORE the election.

With the way things are now on AR's, I would say it is a FAIR price.

I don't think you will regret buying it.

·
Registered
516 Posts
It's not the deal of a lifetime but it's not a ripoff either. If you like the firearm get it. With the ARMS sight that adds a bit of value as well. You could do much worse. If you want the hassle and long waits you could put your own together for $50 TO $150 less. Or you can buy this today.

·
Premium Member
11,114 Posts
Go for it! You have nothing to lose (except a few FRANKLIN's)! :rolleyes:
Let us know what you did!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well Thanks Guys!

I did buy it today. I shot the heck out of it. This was so much fun to shoot today. I think I'm in love with the black evil rifle :) Also got a chance to shoot a couple sig arms the dealer owned for fun too.

I will post pics later. Thanks again guys for your quick input.

The pics don't do it justice that I posted earlier.

Thanks guys.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts